1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First widescreen

Discussion in 'TVs' started by jimbob, Dec 27, 2004.

1. jimbob

jimbob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello there. I've saved up my pennies...I've got about £750 and was going to get a 32pw9509... however from looking at peoples comments here, I'm starting to doubt it'll be worth the money. I'll be getting sky digital fairly soon.. so this is going to be the main picture source... and I'm concerned the tv's pp2 wizardy is just going to amplify the faults seen in the digital broadcast.

I'm totally confused by the whole issue. The reviews seem to think this set is the best in its price range, however a lot of people on these boards seem unhappy with them. Is the pp2 is just a gimmick? That turns out to be more hassle than its worth? Would I be just as happy with a more conservatively priced set.. .considering the main picture source isn't going the best quality.

Any advise would be much appreciated... as you can probably tell, I'm a total novice when it comes to home cinema and stuff. I've got a 14 inch portable at the moment :)

2. spocktra

spocktra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    The pixel plus feature is not my cup of tea but everybody is different so i would suggest getting a demo.My recommendation would be the toshiba 32zp48.Does slightly over process some images of poorer quality but overall a very nuetral looking picture.

3. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    As regular readers will know I thoroughly recommend the Toshiba 32ZP48. Unless you really really want Sky I would consider Freeview instead. The picture quality, by and large, is in my opinion far better on the mainstream channels when viewed on Freeview rather than Sky. Regards, yt.