First upgrade at last!!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by morgie, Apr 1, 2016.

1. morgie

morgie
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Afternoon all, been looking at all your home cinema setups and credit to all of you, they all look fantastic. Been wanting to upgrade for years but the kids seem to enjoy spending my money as well. Anyway this is the year i'm upgrading, nothing like a dedicated room but just a quality set up in the living room. At present i have the panasonic 50" vt30 and an all in one panasonic system, not had a problem with them at all and the sound was great i thought until i heard a friends new set up.
    Currently looking at replacing the screen for the sammy ks9000 although been tempted by the js9000 as the price has dropped. I'm going for a 5.1 set up for now as the sofa is against the back wall, with a view at upgrading for atmos at a later date. More than likely will buy the denon x2200 and am looking at buying the monitor audio SB3 along with the radius 90's for rears.
    A few questions, will the x2200 be too much for that speaker set up? I sit 2.5m away from the screen will a LCR be better than a soundbar?

Apologies for long post and thanks in advance for any replies and advice.

Dave

2. KePa

KePa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +159
    Even though I own a soundbar, I'm not a big fan of them. I would always go for a proper 5.1 if space allows. With the X2200, you would be looking to spend about 900 quid on speakers and sub to match that receiver appropriately.

What size speakers can you accomodate for LCR and what budget do you have for the AVR and speakers?

3. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,231
    Soundbar - I take it you mean Speakerbar (passive LCR speakers in a single chassis) connected to the AVR?

LCR - assuming more traditional speaker cabinets what is the layout going to look like and seating arrangement, a floor plan would be handy!

LCR - often if the LR are placed close to the sides of a Display you can run the system without a Centre speaker.

Joe

Display - do you really need to change it, how much better are the newer Displays with the content you typically view.