1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First turntable. Nottingham Analogue Interspace?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Mr. C, Aug 6, 2005.

1. Mr. C

Mr. C
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Stumbled across an offer to buy a Nottingham Analogue Interspace turntable but can't decide if I should buy something this expencive as a first player. I do want to get something to listen to my old records at some point, but was thinking of something in the pricerange 2-300. The Nottingham will set me back with 650, including interspace tonearm and a decent (I think) pick-up, think it's a good deal but don't even know the tonal difference between different players, or how the sound is from this perticular turntable. Please, can someone give me advice, or some guidance...

2. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +213
    Notts Analogue are well noted as making excellent decks, so assuming you want to go analogue, you'd be hard pushed to find a better manufacturer. I've read of a LOT of people who've gone through a variety of decks (e.g. Mitchell, Linn, Pink T) and have ended up with a Notts unit.
    Whether you'll love it, I'd guess that's more related to how many LPs you have and whether you're OK with the requirements of a record deck, i.e. no RC, the setup procedures, changing cartridges every few years, keeping the kids/animals away from it etc.

3. Mr. C

Mr. C
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guess I'll take the plunge then, don't think I'll mind no RC or the other small issues with a TT. Also read that the deck itself is comparable with CD-players in the well-above-my-price-range when it comes to detail and 3D (My 2 most important parameters at the moment).

4. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +213
    Until I found the NOS DAC, most CD players left me rather underwhelmed, the key point being that I've heard a number of VERY good LP fronted systems.
    Interesting that once I bought the NOS, don't seem too interested anymore in LP.

Good luck with the Notts, I'm sure you will love it.

5. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    I am a NA devotee and have known TomF for almost 18 years now and you will be hard pressed to get better. The TT are the most balanced of any make I know, not flattering any one type of music. Explains the big LP collection I think..... :D

6. Mr. C

Mr. C
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have any of you compared the Rega 25 with the NA interspace? Do like the looks of the Rega better.

7. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    No, happy with the NA, doesn't mean the Rega is bad far from it but people rarely move on from NA to other makes, the other way round is common however....

8. Mr. C

Mr. C
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just curious, but I guess that says a lot then... NA interspace with interspace tonearm ordered. Hopefully it'll arrive within a few days *can't wait* :-D

Which reminds me, I do need an amplifier as well. Any suggestions?