First Timer - Opinions

J

johnhoneyman

I was recently on a holiday in Corfu, Greece and thought I would try some creative shots for once.

Whats your opinions on this shot:-

GoneFishing.jpg

MOD COMMENT
John for future reference try and keep file sizes closer to 200KB :thumbsup:

ush flynn

to me, it looks like you took it 30 years ago. If thats what you are going for then you are mostly on the way! some folds, scuffs, and paper corrosion would add to it!

Tobers

I agree - for that processing look, grain it up a bit. Also, straighten the horizon whilst your at it. Why not also try a bit of vignetting (darkening) in the corners to add to the used & abused look.

Compositionally, I think a wider view showing the context & surroundings of the guy fishing would make it a more interesting shot.

onefivenine

Great composition. I would perhaps play about with a B&W conversion, or some other colour mono conversion. I don;t think the sepia-like colouring suits it. It's got a lot of potential I think. Nice one! :thumbsup:

J

johnhoneyman

Thanks for all the comments. I will take them on board :thumbsup:

I am now getting to grips with post production. That is a mine field lol..

I was in Sidari, corfu :)

hot-fuzz

I hope you dont mind, but i levelled it and added some grain (though looking at them both, the sharp one does lok just as good). Problem is the darkness of he silhoutte doesnt show much grain and when you pump it up the sky looks too grainy. Would be much better done in camera (or with someone with better PS skills than me)

Attachments

• GoneFishing.jpg
    GoneFishing.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 37

Steve Zissou

Thanks for all the comments. I will take them on board :thumbsup:

I am now getting to grips with post production. That is a mine field lol..

I was in Sidari, corfu :)

I stayed at the Goudelis apts in Sidari back in '99 with my then gorlfriend (now the wife!). We went back to Corfu the next year, staying in Paleokastritsa (too quiet :(), but we visited Sidari on one of our many trips out and we couldn't believe how much it had changed in a year - so much more "touristy" and on the way to being Kavos'd! I dread to think what it's like now. If you have any photos of the village centre - the main road through - I'd be grateful.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom