First timer for home cinema - Advice

metaveli

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for advice on what setup to purchase. I'm using a Sony soundbar at the moment but looking to get to an Atmos/DTS setup. Attached image of living room and layout. This layout isn't changing so need to work with it. Cables can we hidden behind walls and through the ceiling. All cables come out in the far left corner currently, connected to XBX & Nintendo Switch, Ethernet. I have my own Plex server in the attic which is 4K capable (100Mbps streams). I currently only have a single HDMI 2.0 cable from TV to cabinet. TV is currently only capable of eARC HDMI 2.0 which is plugged into the soundbar but wanting to future proof this setup. I will add 2 or 3 x HDMI 2.1 Cables behind the wall in due course based on whats the recommended setup for XBX + AVR for example. Can I plug all devices into AVR and single cable to eARC on the TV? How does switching work?

I have a budget of between £1.5-2k.

Some niggles
- Sub location is set (as below image) - Mrs approved hidden location, I might be able to swing this to where the cables come out next to the ottoman seen in picture.
- Smaller speakers are preferred so example can't have massive speakers sticking out (30cm+)
- Ceiling speakers are possible.

Thanks!

IMG_3890.jpeg
Screenshot 2021-09-24 at 13.49.59.png

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom