first timer after a bit of advice and help with projector :)

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jaymar13, Nov 27, 2010.

1. jaymar13

jaymar13
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi peoples, i have just bought (on a budget, i am a beginner!) the dlp acer x1261 (Acer X1261 DLP Projector) to use for my xbox and eventually for the wii but as of yet i haven't tried it with the wii.

i am connecting to the xbox with composite. the projector is situated about 4-5 metres away from my wall on top of a wardrobe, pointing downwards. I haven't been able to afford a proper screen for it so i have painted the wall with 'dulux absolute white lumitec' -lumitec apparently means it contains extra reflective particles in the paint.

I have experimented with all the picture settings and placing the projector in different areas but so far i haven't been able to get a clear picture. as a first timer i don't know where i am going wrong... whether i am expecting too much from the projector, or i have set it up wrong in terms of settings or placement of projector or it is to do with the wall surface quality i am projecting it on to -with the latter i have expected (maybe wrongly) that the surface could only effect the colours and not the quality/sharpness of the picture?

any feedback and advice would be highly appreciated :)

2. flyinmunky1

flyinmunky1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    I would get the xbox 360 VGA (Is it a xbox or xbox 360?) cable and use that. You can set xbox output put to your native projector res which will give you the sharpest image possible with the connections you have.

3. jaymar13

jaymar13
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    turns out all i had to do was turn the lens and the picture is now fine!! what a numpty i am, elementary mistake!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
  4. jaymar13

jaymar13
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i was hoping to use an adapter to component from the projectors vga because i have been told some vga ports support component. (maybe you could tell from the link provided in my earlier post?) the reason i'd rather use an adapter is because i will be using my wii as well as my xbox 360; both of which i have component cables for, so therefore one converter would hopefully do the trick :)
    unless of course it doesn't support component through vga then i would have to use an actual converter rather than an adapter and in that case i would just have to settle with composite for the wii and get the vga cable for the xbox.

thanks for your interest in my thread mate, thanks added :)