First time Soundbar purchase help

WhiteHartMart

Distinguished Member
It appears my Yamaha AVR is on its last legs - struggling to output sound when cold so the time has come (with the lounge being decorated and new TV stand etc on the way) for me to finally move to a more wife pleasing soundbar instead of the current speaker and cable mess.

Have a 55" LG CX and likely to plump for a Sonos Arc given we already have some Sonos speakers around the house.

Only thing that concerns me will be HDMI inputs (or lack of) - currently all 4 of the TV ones are taken with Virgin, Apple TV, Xbox Series X and PS5. Presumably I'll lose one of those inputs when the Arc is connected to enable the use of the eARC feature?

Question is - what's the best way to provide more inputs without losing picture/sound quality or am I better off looking for a soundbar with some additional passthrough HDMI ports?

keithwiggins

It appears my Yamaha AVR is on its last legs - struggling to output sound when cold so the time has come (with the lounge being decorated and new TV stand etc on the way) for me to finally move to a more wife pleasing soundbar instead of the current speaker and cable mess.

Have a 55" LG CX and likely to plump for a Sonos Arc given we already have some Sonos speakers around the house.

Only thing that concerns me will be HDMI inputs (or lack of) - currently all 4 of the TV ones are taken with Virgin, Apple TV, Xbox Series X and PS5. Presumably I'll lose one of those inputs when the Arc is connected to enable the use of the eARC feature?

Question is - what's the best way to provide more inputs without losing picture/sound quality or am I better off looking for a soundbar with some additional passthrough HDMI ports?
if you like the sonos idea consider a hdmi switcher start about 18 quid on amz.

WhiteHartMart

Distinguished Member
if you like the sonos idea consider a hdmi switcher start about 18 quid on amz.
Thanks - so as simple as that - I guess I'll just use a simple switcher for the Virgin and Apple TV boxes leaving the consoles in the remaining 2 ports on the TV. Excellent (and not as expensive as feared).

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom