First time Soundbar purchase help

WhiteHartMart

Distinguished Member
It appears my Yamaha AVR is on its last legs - struggling to output sound when cold so the time has come (with the lounge being decorated and new TV stand etc on the way) for me to finally move to a more wife pleasing soundbar instead of the current speaker and cable mess.

Have a 55" LG CX and likely to plump for a Sonos Arc given we already have some Sonos speakers around the house.

Only thing that concerns me will be HDMI inputs (or lack of) - currently all 4 of the TV ones are taken with Virgin, Apple TV, Xbox Series X and PS5. Presumably I'll lose one of those inputs when the Arc is connected to enable the use of the eARC feature?

Question is - what's the best way to provide more inputs without losing picture/sound quality or am I better off looking for a soundbar with some additional passthrough HDMI ports?

keithwiggins

It appears my Yamaha AVR is on its last legs - struggling to output sound when cold so the time has come (with the lounge being decorated and new TV stand etc on the way) for me to finally move to a more wife pleasing soundbar instead of the current speaker and cable mess.

Have a 55" LG CX and likely to plump for a Sonos Arc given we already have some Sonos speakers around the house.

Only thing that concerns me will be HDMI inputs (or lack of) - currently all 4 of the TV ones are taken with Virgin, Apple TV, Xbox Series X and PS5. Presumably I'll lose one of those inputs when the Arc is connected to enable the use of the eARC feature?

Question is - what's the best way to provide more inputs without losing picture/sound quality or am I better off looking for a soundbar with some additional passthrough HDMI ports?
if you like the sonos idea consider a hdmi switcher start about 18 quid on amz.

WhiteHartMart

Distinguished Member
if you like the sonos idea consider a hdmi switcher start about 18 quid on amz.
Thanks - so as simple as that - I guess I'll just use a simple switcher for the Virgin and Apple TV boxes leaving the consoles in the remaining 2 ports on the TV. Excellent (and not as expensive as feared).

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom