First time posting of photos - Port Isaac

McCol

First time posting of photos here, please comment and give me some advice, bit of a novice taking pictures. Taken using a Sony Nex 5n with 18-55mm lens.

057 by colin.aitken4, on Flickr

087 by colin.aitken4, on Flickr

122 by colin.aitken4, on Flickr

133 by colin.aitken4, on Flickr

143 by colin.aitken4, on Flickr

First picture taken on a local beach near me in North Devon with my 2 Jacks. The rest taken last night and this morning in Port Isaac.

Last edited:

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
where are they ?

McCol

I'm so much of a novice I can't even get them uploaded! Trying to paste in URL from Flickr with no joy. Bear with me it may take some time:blush:

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
I'm so much of a novice I can't even get them uploaded! Trying to paste in URL from Flickr with no joy. Bear with me it may take some time:blush:
for each picture - click on the "share" option and select medium and then cut/paste the text from the box displayed - BBcode option should be checked by defualt and paste into your AVF post - make sure to also number each one :)

Jim

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
Sorry, I get even more sarcastic as Christmas approaches. :D
As that would be impossible - I simply assumed that the OP had edited the post and removed them :p

McCol

Think I sussed it now, thanks for the help.

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
Nice shots - last one is my favourite and I like the first as well.

Are these straight out of camera without any PP at all ? if so perhaps some contrast/saturation tweaking might boost them a little :)

Jim

McCol

Nice shots - last one is my favourite and I like the first as well.

Are these straight out of camera without any PP at all ? if so perhaps some contrast/saturation tweaking might boost them a little :)

Jim
Yes straight from the camera, never done any pp in the past, although my gf has some software that I may fiddle around with. Was a pretty dull morning in Cornwall today.

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
Thnaks - #2 is very nice as well - forgot to mention that :)

GaseousClay

Think about taking shots from a different viewpoint. Pic #1 could look good from about a foot off the ground, placing the camera and the subject (the dogs) at the same level. Picture become more engaging, we all see things at normal head height. This could also apply to the last pic.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom