• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

First time plasma buyer!

L

Langer

I am embarking on buying my first plasma. I have read the reviews, but have not seen any yet going to view them in the flesh this week.

I want to put the plasma on the wall, but would really prefer built in speakers. I have been looking at:-

Pioneer PDP-436XDE
Pioneer PDP-436SXE
Pioneer PDP-506XDE
PanasonicTH42PV500CAB

Any views on which one I should get and why would be a great help.

I am also worried about new models coming out should I wait for anything new?

Baz80

Established Member
i have just got my SXE up and running it was delivered friday night and im really pleased with it.

i had the Panasonic 37PE30 which for an sd plasma was superb except for the odd footy match but the SXE blows it out of the water and when it finally gets here Sky HD is going to be the dogs.

i didnt wall mount we've gone for a nice smoked glass stand and i think it looks great even in our small room.

as for picture quality the inbuilt freeview is significantly better than the PE30 and as for the sky feed, we watched liverpool play charlton last night and we had always had a problem with liverpool's red shirts gave off a kind of flare pixellation tracer kind of thing nothing dramatic but you were always aware of it, the pioneer is flawless in this respect granted we have turned down the settings for the first couple of weeks to let it bed in but the picture was smooth and sharp no bleeding at all (except my wallet)

im a relative idiot when it comes to plasma but having been to many shops both independent and otherwise and spent hours on this forum i went for the SXE over the XDE to get the benefits of the wonderful screen without the at least from my perspective hassle of media boxes and possible scalers or amps.

the day may come when i want to venture down that road but until then i can console myself and my grieving wallet that i have one of the best plasma tv's available. Roll on the world cup

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom