First time owner...need advice

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by mullly, Feb 13, 2005.

1. mullly

mullly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I have taken the plunge and ordered the pw7, from av-sales, should be here next week. I have read in the forums about keeping the contrast low for 200 hours, thereabouts. Are there any other "advisable" things to do also ?
    Is it worth getting them calibrated ? ( I assume after the 200 hours )

dont think i am going to be very productive in work :devil: once i get this new toy....

thanks

2. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +484
    you'll love it and I don't reckon you need to worry excessively about the 200 hours with a panny...IMO just avoid leaving images like the red dot or channel logos on there for too long during the early days....with regards to calibration many here say that it makes a huge difference but I'm really pleased with the the pq on my pw7 anyway...I have sky+ going in via js rgb to vga converter whihc is fantastic and dvd going via component...also fantastic.....so its really down to personal preference as to whether you feel teh need to squeeze more pq out of it

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    time to chant the Forum mantra "take it out of dynamic mode, take it out of dynamic mode, take it out of dynamic mode, take it out of dynamic mode, take it out of dynamic mode, take it out of dynamic mode" do this several times while dancing around the box.......................

4. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +484
    :clap: ohyes...that too :D ..tis VERRRRY Bright!!!