First Time HD TV Buyer - Need Suggestions For a 1080p LCD HDTV

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Blanka, Jan 1, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Blanka

Blanka
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, i'm no newbie to HD but there are so many Tellys out there and i am not sure which to buy anymore, brand is not an option anymore.

1) I really am after a TV, a next gen' LCD TV (HDTV) that will support 19*12 res' <--- 19*1080 whatever, you know what i mean :D

2) I would prefer the TV to be up around 40/42" if not smaller.

3) Contrast Ratio is all important as 1000 below is terrible, must be higher !!!

4) Closest Match and Best Match so far is the Sony Bravia KDL - 40W2000, problem is its slightly outside of my price range, as i have other people to consider as well.

5) I knows it seems like that i have a bit checklist, but HD Tvs have been out for ages now, so i am sure i can afford to be picky.

Thanks, Guys, Real Suggestions Only As I Want To Get My Telly Before The Winter Sales Are Out and No :spam: ............... Happy New Year & Eid Mubarak (Happy Eid :) )

2. Nielo TM

Nielo TM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +549
    You can get the Sharp high-end 1080p models (37" is &#163;1K) and the 40W2000 can be bought for &#163;1500.

PS: Why is contrast ratio below 1000:1 "crap" cos your old CRT had around 150:1. Also, quoted contrast ratio is utter bull (cos manufactures can state the CR of their LCD to be 1200:1 but its true CR is around 650:1).

3. bliss007

bliss007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Remember there is a Brightness and Dynamic Brightness when you look at specs, some brands promote the latter so the numbers look nice and high (like Samsung) and a LCD wont be as high as a Plasma.

I dont agree a CRT had only 150 diff shades from the whitest white to blackest black BTW, or 150:1, well not my PC moinitor anyhow.

4. Blanka

Blanka
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers guy for the replies, i have noticed that as well,

CR and Dyn CR whats the difference, i can see why the latter is always promoted its way higher ......

yeah i looked at the Sony which is nice for £1.5K still its a bit high, as its not me i have to please and win over u ceee :(

Thanks for the Sharp suggestion i will take a look at the that :thumbsup:

Any morew suggestions please post a reply.

5. bliss007

bliss007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0