• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

First time computer build

thelaughingman

Hi all.

I was wondering if I could get some help and advice on building a computer for the first time. Put the parts together isn't the issue however the advice and help I need is with buying parts.

The purpose of the computer is to create a computer which can play games and display full hd videos.

My budget is approximately £400 max on everything. (Might be able to push it up to £500)

Priority is which cpu, motherboard, graphics card please.

thelaughingman

That's impressive thank you so much. Can't wait to have a look at what's been recommended.
Quick question have you heard of a hackintosh? I've seen it on YouTube, is it worth building or stick with a regular pc? I'm wanting to play videos and games mainly on the computer ;)
Thanks again and I'll keep you updated on what I'm doing ;P

Riven

Hey there, search from Computer Classifieds | AVForums you can pick up some real good parts for very good prices, be sure to ask if there is warranty left and haggle ;)

Just payed for a 680 GTX, cheap and un-boxed!! Take your time and look around, something good will always come up. I would say try to stay away from AMD for gaming, Intel CPUs are definitely the way forward.

Bought parts for my first build for University a year ago and i now wish I found this forum a lot earlier!

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom