1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First time buyer.....groan

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by barneybelly, Nov 24, 2003.

1. barneybelly

barneybelly
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i know you must be bored of answering all first time buyers queries but if i can't get an answer here i don't know were to go.
    I was after a digi cam of at least 3 mil pixels and with a pretty decent zoom lens.
    I have read with interest your comments on the Canon A70 & A80 plus the Ixus 400 and all are pretty impressive.
    I have spotted this below at PC World and was wondering if i can ask for advice on the camera if anybody knows much about it.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/st...0&page=Product&sku=975753&category_oid=-15321

This price is the cheapest by about £30 and was hoping for Jessops to price match.
    A lot of places selling it have no user comments as its just come out but the model b4 it has a lot of good feedback, especially with the 6 x optical zoom which is what i was after.
    I'm not that bothered about the video mode as already have a digi camcorder.
    Is it a good model for a first time buyer or can u reccommend a similar model for around the same price??
    Thanks folks.

2. Fe+

Fe+

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    link doesn't work ! :)

3. barneybelly

barneybelly
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry....
    seems the link has timed out.
    Basically PC World,
    www.pcworld.co.uk
    are selling the Fujifilm Finepix S3000 for £189.99 online offer only.
    It seems a really good offer...sorry can't link but have a search and if its no problem, advise me if its a good deal or better off going elsewhere!!!
    Thanks for spotting that.

4. aaronjon

aaronjon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. barneybelly

barneybelly
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Aaronjon....found this useful and have gone for this camera as the price is a bargain (with free P&P) and i was drawn to the 6 X optical zoom....i like to get close to the subject!!!!!!

6. aaronjon

aaronjon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    each to their own, but the olly and minolta are 10x optical zoomers.
    happy shooting.

7. oldbeema

oldbeema

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI, I own a Fujifilm S3000 and so far have been VERY pleased with it. I use the camera for serious web work and the usual home pic stuff. I was employed as a photographer for 11yrs so dont rate myself as a beginner.

There may be plenty of more technically capable cameras out there, but this one offers a good mix of capability AND ease of use.

As said - each to their own. At the end of the day the reason DIGI is taking over is EASE of USE.

Happy picture making...

Chris