1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Time Buyer 32 inch

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by timc3, Feb 4, 2004.

1. timc3

Standard Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hi all!

I have been looking to purchase a new TV and DVD system and I am still stuck for making a choice, despite reading this forum for what seems like days now..

My budget was going to be well under a thousand and I wanted a 32" screen but with some kinda finance deal I might be able to stretch to just over this.

Whats the general opinion at the moment on the Tosh 32ZP38? I am leaning towards this because I don't really like the sound of the processing on the Phillips and Panasonics at the moment and its seems like a lot of places are doing good deals. The Tosh also has Prog Scan and Component inputs which I couldn't really find on anything under a thousand unless you guys know differently so I think it is worth paying abit more for.

As for the DVD will this TV work well with the Yamaha S540 and I was thinking of hopefully getting my hands on Mark's custom made Component Video cables - would this be a good choice for this system?

I also have a modded xbox, Yamaha A5, Mission 7 series surrounds, Sony VCR And Yamaha SW320 Sub