1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Time Buy

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Qui Gon Jinn, Jan 2, 2005.

1. Qui Gon Jinn

Qui Gon Jinn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As a first post I really don't know what's good & what's not.

If budget wasn't an option was is the best Plasma TV or LCD we can buy?

We are looking puchasing two.

42 inch Plasma or LCD
    32 to 36 inch Plasma or LCD

Obviously want excellent picture resolution & sound quality.

We have NTL (if it is significant) & would like to hook up the DVD Player, Surround Sound, PS2 or Gamecube too, so would a certain number of Scart Sockets be required.

The ones we saw which were aesthetically pleasing in style were

Hitachi Plasma 32PD5300 (but only had one scart socket..liked rotating stand)

Hitachi Plasma 42PD5200 (but only had one scart socket..liked rotating stand)

Sony Wega Engine KEP42M1S

2. wicket

wicket

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I have just purchased the Panasonic TH42PE30 and am well impressed with it. It has won a lot of rewards. I suggest you look at the reviews on this site and invest in some home cinema mags to get a better idea on the sets you are interested in.

3. buzzby

buzzby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

I am just about to buy this TV and i think it rocks. I went to lakes to get the TV demoed and was very impressed with the picture quality, especially when i compared it to a screen with a higher res and could barly tell the difference.

You can get this TV for £2250 from http://www.robertwhyteltd.co.uk/sites/itemview.asp?productx=TH42PE30

good luck