Quantcast

Question First sub advice

Costello

Not wishing to replace my KEF R100 but in think the addition of a small sub will just give them a greater presence. I have no previous knowledge so am wondering where to start. I presume there is no need for it also to be a KEF? What models to look at? Must be discrete so ideally a model that can hide in a corner or tucked beside a sofa. Amp is Audiolab 6000A and the system is used for music only, Only wishing to spend a couple of hundred pounds so happy to look at used or end of line models. Any advice gratefully received. Thank you.

larkone

You can't go wrong with these guys BKelec (link below)- just pick based on your budget and size requirements and then ask about the specific model you have chosen - someone on here will likely have one.

Costello

This is on the forum. Ticks many boxes for me.
Or Acoustic Energy are selling off new end of line AE108. I presume either of these would do a good job?

Gasp3621

This is on the forum. Ticks many boxes for me.
Or Acoustic Energy are selling off new end of line AE108. I presume either of these would do a good job?
From those two XLS200 no doubt! Comes with the neutrik connector so you can use the high level connection which many members here speaks highly of when used in 2.1 stereo system. @Gerry557 can probably tell more about it.

If you want to get a technical point of view how the XLS200 measured scroll this link to bottom and read:

gibbsy

You will be better off with a sub that has a good high level input such as BK or REL. I don't know how they would stack up against one another for value and performance but the RELs are quite rightly lauded for their musical abilities. Very fast and agile and beautifully underpins music. I have an ancient REL T5.

Costello

Interesting. Musicality is essential as it is only for listening to music. I’m looking to complement and enhances my music, not shake the walls with chest bumping bass which overpowers everything else