First steps...

ChrisAV

Hi

Got the new amp last month, and thanks to some helpful advice from other members :thumbsup: have just replaced my JPW mini-monitors with Diamond 9.1's, so I thought I'd take a couple of pics.

Think I need a small stand for that phone on the floor...Wharfedale Diamond SW150 sub should care take of that!

Chris

P1010469.JPG
P1010472.JPG

Attachments

• P1010472.jpg
    P1010472.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 795
  • P1010473.jpg
    P1010473.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 790
  • P1010469.jpg
    P1010469.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 417

Mildoo

Novice Member
nice looking room you have there :thumbsup:

you could also pop into ikea they have some cheap small tables for your phone etc.

great work thou.

Last edited:

Repton

Another clean and well thought out set up!:smashin:

What's on your next purchase list?;)

too_funky

looks good, like the the all black theme, but you know what would complete the look, a nice black shiny ps3;)
im presuming you have a media centre film library or something on that pc aswell??

ChrisAV

Hi Repton

Thanks for the comments!

I was looking at just buying a 5.1 package (Jamos or Cantons) but after posting a thread asking for advice (http://www.avforums.com/forums/speakers/879252-yamaha-dsp-ax763-upgrade-2-0-5-1-advice.html) have decided to buy bit by bit, so the plan is..

(all Wharfedale Diamomd)

SW150 sub
9.CC Centre
pair of 9.0 rears

also, upgrading PC along the lines of all in one board for HD, and a Blu-ray drive (don't need extra graphics as I use 360 for games and want to reduce fan noise). THe 360 is currently doing duty playing DVD's and don't want to wear out the drive.

BUT first I think I need to pay attention to the stands - room is very 'live' so looking at foculpods under the base and maybe polipods (or bluetack) between the speaker and the top plate. Need to look into this a bit more!

Cheers

Chris

ChrisAV

looks good, like the the all black theme, but you know what would complete the look, a nice black shiny ps3;)
im presuming you have a media centre film library or something on that pc aswell??

PS3? - Maybe next year if the price drops at Easter, also heard a slim lline one is on its way...

Film library? - No, that's the plan though. The PC (originally bought about 8 years ago) was very load (loader than a 360!) so I've replaced the case with the Antec solo and Corsair 520W PSU which has reduced it a lot. If I can get rid of the sound card, graphics card and replace motherboard/cpu and fit a quiet fan then it shouls be OK for playing movies).

Cheers

Chris

Scott_Mac

Distinguished Member
Looks great Chris, very clean!

Glad they're working very well for you though.

murphyia

Novice Member
Clean and elegant mate. Looks good :smashin:

Cheers,

Ian

ChrisAV

godf "look farward to seeing more photos when you upgrade"

- thanks, maybe this week....

murpyhia "Clean and elegant mate. Looks good"

- cheers

alz2606 "..You've got good cable management skills too"

- only partly, the right side (as you look at it) is sorted) the other is a mess until I finish my PC rebuild, which I've just (literally) done, so no excuses!

Grangey "very smart"

Cheers guys - I've a cente and rears now, and just finished the PC build so I'll try and get round to updating this soon, and doing the photo's properly this time.

Chris

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom