• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

First smart phone- HTC wildfire s or Samsung galaxy ace

GADGE1961

Standard Member
Hi Guys,
My mobile contract is due up and I am considering my first smartphone. Being a bit of a dinosaur I want something thats easy to use. I will be using the phone firstly as a phone (strange as it may seem )then web browsing and email. I'm not much into the social networking thing but twitter looks good. After going over endless reviews on the net I am stuck between the HTC Wildfire S and the Samsung Galaxy Ace. Anyone had experiences with these devices. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:lease:

Cheers,
Gadge1961

Killmach

Standard Member
I got he htc ledjend, which has a better screen resolution than the wildfire. Have a look at some reviews, i got mine from vodafone £20 a month with 300mins, unlimited txts and 512mb internet.

GADGE1961

Standard Member
Thanks Killmach. I have been looking at loads of reviews and I am more confused than ever. Leaning slightly towards the galaxy ace but really worried about battery life. Someone has told me battery life for BB bold 9780 is good and seem to have all functions I need. Anyone got a bold 9780 ? what are they like ?

Thanks.

pandemic

Prominent Member
I brought the original wildfire when it came out last year. I was looking for good battery life and running Android task killer, mine is fine for up to 3 days (2 days is easily accomplished). Excellent phone if you don't mind the low resolution screen.
Build quality is excellent and they have kept the software up to date.
I haven't used the samsung android phones and they haven't had the best of reviews, until the new samsung galaxy s2 came out.
They have upped the cpu speed on the wildfire s, so the battery life isn't quite as good. I'll still get that over a Samsung though.

paulm34

Established Member
I was looking at both of these for my wife. I found out the samsung only shoots 15fps video And the wildfire S has the same screen res now unlike the older wildfire and a few hardware speed ups.
Also the wildfire S has the latest android operating system 2.3
But i did like the look of the samsung but prefered the HTC operating system

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom