First small lounge set-up

StefanBFC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Moved into a new home 18 months ago so finally got away from buying all-in-one systems, pretty much my first av set up.

TV is getting on now but it's been an excellent TV.

Originally had the Tannoy HTS 101, recently change the front three to Monitor audio silver centre, and silver ones for the front.

Panasonic L47WT50B
Monitor Audio silver 1 and silver centre
Onkyo sk410
Kept Tannoy hts 101 for rears on atacama stands.
And kept x2 Tannoy hts subs
Denon x2200w
Panasonic DMP BDT370
Xbox one
Sky HD 2tb

Used superfi xt speaker cable, QED for the subs, audio quest Pearl hdmi's

Pretty happy with it, just think I need to re position the atmos speakers, looking at ceiling speakers.

I've added photos but can't figure out how to share them

Attachments

• DSC_0156.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 522
  • DSC_0198.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 395
  • DSC_0197.JPG
    6 MB · Views: 392
Last edited:
Hi there, did you click on "upload a file" and do it that way?

Yeah, it just posted a link rather than an imagine on the screen.

OK so changed some things. Decided I wasn't happy at all with the Onkyo 410 and added Monitor Audio ct265 ceiling speakers.

Also added some Bronze 1's for the rears.

Sky Q

Sold the two Tannoy subs and bought an SVS pc-2000, which is awesome.

New TV Sony 55xe9305 came next. Now just purchased new Xbox X. Now ideally I need two stands for the front bookshelf speakers but I can't yet with the kids. Starting to get there now though just for a living room.

Any advice is welcome.

Last edited:
I'm not the best taking pics.

Attachments

• DSC_0043.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 296
  • DSC_0041.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 227
  • DSC_0042.JPG
    8 MB · Views: 230
  • DSC_0039.JPG
    6.5 MB · Views: 257
Sub not in perfect position but again. Kids

Attachments

• DSC_0021.JPG
    7.5 MB · Views: 280
  • DSC_0275.JPG
    7 MB · Views: 230
  • DSC_0320.JPG
    7.4 MB · Views: 251
Looking great that setup, what do you mean about the position of the sub? The sub can go anywhere it won’t effect the sound at all, ours is hiding by the side of the sofa too.

Looking great that setup, what do you mean about the position of the sub? The sub can go anywhere it won’t effect the sound at all, ours is hiding by the side of the sofa too.
I'm sure I read something about corner placing a sub is not ideal? I have no problems with it there at all to be honest it sounds superb. It's that large it's difficult to place it anywhere else.

Just added a Panasonic ub700 this weekend also.

Now looking for some Atacama moseco stands for the front two bookshelf, I'm afraid the kids will pull them over though [emoji30]

Always finding ways to improve, probably a new receiver soon?

Yeah the sub looks enormous! Bet that thumps the floor and sofa abit!

Always something to upgrade, the spending never ends :)

Rattles the windows. I know it's this forum, it makes me want to spend money. Messing about with Phillips Hue now.

OK added a Panasonic ub700 now.

To be honest didn't want the kids messing with the xbox x when they wanted to put Blu-rays on. So far the PQ quality is very impressive after tinkering some TV settings.

Put some Hue light strips behind the TV. Mainly for gaming

Really happy with the TV PQ now, at first I wasn't to impressed. After a lot of hours tweaking I've finally got it to what I was after.

Attachments

• DSC_0085.JPG
    9.1 MB · Views: 182
  • DSC_0086.JPG
    8.5 MB · Views: 167
OK the missus said no more money spending ha. I think I still definitely need stands though. I'll be putting Philips hue all around the home eventually.

This is as much as I can do with two young kids both under 4.

Stands or no stands for the front standmounts? I could possibly fix then down so kids can't pull them over. I have done with the rear two.

Attachments

• DSC_0093.JPG
    8.4 MB · Views: 176
  • DSC_0095.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 154
  • DSC_0094.JPG
    8.4 MB · Views: 164
DSC_0751.JPG
DSC_0750.JPG
DSC_0754.JPG
DSC_0752.JPG
DSC_0751.JPG
DSC_0750.JPG
DSC_0754.JPG
DSC_0752.JPG
A few changes to the living room. Done a garage conversion for the kids, 10 yrs maybe I'll get it into a home cinema.

So finally set up some new Monitor Audio silver 300's and 350 centre.

Sub has been moved into a different corner, there is a door now where it used to be. Problem with the sub it rattles the unit next to it!!

Nect illl probably look at changing the rears to Monitor audio 50's. Also been looking at thd Emotiva x-bas 500 power amp. Just don't know if it would be worth it.

Last edited:
That looks a nice set up, the only questions i have are -

Where did you get the curtains from
Where did you get the TV stand from ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom