First Reference TV in three years - Panasonic VX300 Review

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
Last edited by a moderator:

Insanity202

Distinguished Member
Phil can you lend me 8k :D

Great review and a great set by the sounds of it. ;)

kingkarl

Distinguished Member
Phil can you lend me 8k :D

Great review and a great set by the sounds of it. ;)

Think I might cancel my 65VT30 and order 2 of these one for the lounge and another for the AV Room :laugh:

tele1962

Distinguished Member
Wow looks stunning and a long time coming. I wonder how much of this tech will be implemented into next years range of consumer panels.
I did notice a slight blip in the RGB measurement in the calibrated results was this visible at all in real time viewing Phil/Steve?

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
I did notice a slight blip in the RGB measurement in the calibrated results was this visible at all in real time viewing Phil/Steve?

As always Barry, the charts are just one item to check and good looking charts mean nothing without all the information to hand. With dE under 2 you are not going to see any issues and Steve didn't.

tele1962

Distinguished Member
As always Barry, the charts are just one item to check and good looking charts mean nothing without all the information to hand. With dE under 2 you are not going to see any issues and Steve didn't.

Dude i am going to have to start saving then.:eek:

gizlaroc

Distinguished Member
Phil, do you know if there are any plans for a 50"?

The Limey

According to Robert Zohn at Value Electronics the following sizes will be available in the VX range:

At the annual International NAB in Las Vegas two weeks ago I was invited into Panasonic's private 2nd floor suite where I got a demonstration of Panasonic's upcoming VX300. It was a 42" size and the VX300 was flanked by the VX200 and another high-end Panasonic plasma pro monitor. The demonstration audience included me and three top TV Broadcast network engineers and was run by the Pro Division's director of business development along side three Japanese pro plasma design engineers.

It was easy to pick out the VX300 as it looked absolutely stunning. The VX300 delivers as perfect as a picture can be. Sorry to say I'm not allowed to discuss everything that was told to me about how Panasonic design engineers got the pq to look so amazing. The VX300 is available in the pro market and is designed to be the studio reference display used to calibrate the video of TV Broadcast feeds and Hollywood produced film as well as post and pre-production video.

The will be available in 42", 50" and 65" sizes and will launch in Q4 '11. No prices are available at this time.

The TV has a matte black bezel and is thicker than the consumer TVs. It's strictly a monitor with no audio or tuners and has many options for difference video input card configuration, like dual DVI for stereoscopic inputs and various ways to control the stereo images, l/r side by side, l/l or r/r side by side or one at at a time, ect.

-Robert

The Limey

Yeah sadly that is correct - the 42" and 50" have been ditched subsequently. That is a shame for anyone who was looking for a set in those sizes.... At least we know now.

GAmbrose

Damn - A 50" model would have been the perfect replacement for my PHD8

How can they justify a £5000 premium over the 65VT30 though?

reddevil74

For what's its worth, on another forum d-nice actually rated it lower than a vt30

markfawcett

I personally take everything that D-Nice writes and says with a pinch of salt.

I'll trust the AV Forums reviewers on this one.

middleweight

kevin miller is saying blacks worse than a vt30, why cant they beat kuro blacks, on a 7 grand tv

Inferno

Distinguished Member
kevin miller is saying blacks worse than a vt30, why cant they beat kuro blacks, on a 7 grand tv

And if you look at avforums reviews the Krp still betters the Vx out of the box as well, not bad for a 3 year old tv is it that cost less too.

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
Ridiculous isn't it? The 60 inch krp was 4k, and looking more like the 'bargain' it really was.

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
I'd buy one if i had the money though! A 55 inch for 5k would be a good idea.

mikelj

The Limey said:
Yeah sadly that is correct - the 42" and 50" have been ditched subsequently. That is a shame for anyone who was looking for a set in those sizes.... At least we know now.

There are the BT300 broadcast monitors - 42" & 52" - these appear, on paper, to be the same spec as the VX300.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom