1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Rear projection - could use some advice

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by violence, Apr 18, 2005.

1. violence

violence

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi i'm new here, and i know this topic has probably been discussed a thousand times but i just wanted to geta little clarity.

I have recently placed an order for the Toshiba 42WH36, my normal viewing is Sky and Dvd's but I do enjoy playing games too, normally Gamecube or Xbox.
    I've seen various suggestions of turning contrast down to around 40 or 45, but I was just wondering what risks with screen burn are there on this tv, even with a few hours a week gaming.

This is my first rear projection TV, so any feedback and suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance

2. scooby do

scooby do

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Firstly congrats on a wise choice. really as long as contrast & brightness are set to the correct level and you arnt stupid with how long a static image is on the screen you should not have a problem

3. violence

violence

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply!
    it arrives today wish me luck -early afternoon- apparently :D

I bought it from Mkatv if anyone knows them. 660 i think it was including delivery. I'm assuming that's a pretty good deal ?

4. Dan L

Dan L

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +110
    I wouldn't worry too much, my Tosh RPTV has been in almost constant use for the last four years, lots of gaming, and sits on CBeebies channel 8 hours a day (with their static channel logo)...I have no sign of burn-in at all :D

5. scooby do

scooby do

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Got a bargain at that price if it is a WH36, looked it up and one part of it said WH36 but below it said WH46 witch lacks some of the processing modes. Let us know which one you got

6. violence

violence

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It was this Tv here

http://www.mkatv.com/sites/itemview.asp?productx=42WH36

That i ordered and recieved, 'wh36 series'
    It arrived later than i'd hoped but at least it arrived before I had to go to work!

So far it's looking good, And a fantastic upgrade to my 28" widescreen i've had for the past 4 years or so. I don't have digital yet though which is a bitch, I'm still on analogue, but in fairness the picture isn't as bad as i expected with the blown up screen, but digital is definatly on the cards for the future.

Most of my Tv viewing consists of Dvd's anyhow.