first real play with my 400D

scoobysti

461411530_b81b6ae5a9.jpg

461411520_613be4355b.jpg

461411538_dd72d0cc26.jpg

461411602_46b5182923.jpg

461411614_39b54ecb41.jpg

these were taken around thorpe cloud and the steping stones at Dovedale.
i havent done anything to them, no cropping or alterations, i really want to get my pictures the best i can without manipulation
please be gentle

senu

Distinguished Member
Well done for posting anyway....:rotfl:

There is nothing "wrong" with the images although they seem to lack an interesting subject one can comment on

As such some would say there's nothing right either ( that is a comment not a criticism):) It does show they were taken in a beautiful part of the country ( not inner London:eek: ,) in good weather

The third one is slanty and the last 2 too heavily cropped in the framing. The colour ones foreground (OOF) doesnt do it any favours

We all aim to get the best from the camera ( not a bad thing) but it is perfectly acceptable to enhance them by correcting exposure, framing, slants and even cloning out imperfections etc.

Subject aside, You could use these same images and make them more interesting with some subtle "enhancement"

If its any consolation, it is much easier to critique images than to go out there and take them:cool:
Hope that was "gentle":D

PS: How did you get rid of the "blobs"
PPS: Your tulip in the other thread looks very nice

denno75uk

Really like the BW one, composition is great.
The other three are a bit average. Also a bit dark. Looks like there was quite an interesting background to the tree which you maybe could have made more of. The path one doesn't really work because there's nothing much to look at.
If it's any consolation, my creativity isn't really flowing yet. There are books that get recommended alot that were mentioned here. In fact I may go and price them on amazon now.
Just keep shooting. Look at what others are doing and how they're doing it and then try it yourself. Sounds like plagarism, I call it practice.:D

senu

Distinguished Member
Just keep shooting. Look at what others are doing and how they're doing it and then try it yourself. Sounds like plagarism, I call it practice.:D

:D:rotfl:!!
...It is practice.. and using such images for inspiration is one of the benefits of having online communities such as this, Pbase Flickr ect

Also as I stated in my first post.. don't worry if you need to enhance, the camera has had to process the images in some way before they get to you anyway unless you shoot RAW

scoobysti

thanks guys, i need all the help i can get,:thumbsup:
thats the beaty of digital, you can practice practice practice:D
im glad i didnt want you to be rough with me:rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom