1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Projector

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Klippie, Dec 1, 2002.

1. Klippie

Klippie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Just found this forum, looks good....

I hope to be buying my first projector very soon but I have a few questions.

1) Is the throw distance on the Sony HS10 too long to give a 72" wide picture in a 10' room. ( Potential No1 Choice )

2) Does anybody have any info on the new Epson TW100 with the increased contrast ratio of 800:1. ( Bit pricey )

3) Sanyo Z1, How close in to the picture does screen door become apparent and does it handle PAL DVD's ok given the resolution is slighty less than the video source.
    ( This could be the one )

4) How are the dealers on getting in machines for demo's.

Thanks in advance....

2. xander

xander
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Klippie,

I would say that in that size room you may want to consider the Panasonic AE300 (don't know when it will be available in the UK, but you can get it from Japan). You are likely to sit quite close to the screen and want to eliminate screen door as far as possible. The AE300, with it's short throw distance, will also give you a reasonably sized picture (same as the AE100 and TW100).

The price of the TW100 (IMO) is not justified anymore, given what you can get in the AE300, Z1 and HS10.

Regards
    Xander

3. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Check outProjectorcentral It's a yank site, so dealer info not too much use, but has tons of reviews, news, and a useful throw/picture size calculator for just about any pj on the market.

4. Klippie

Klippie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Thanks for the feedback...

I did not realy consider the AE300 as it is not available in the UK,as for price japan I have only read good things but I would prefer to buy in the UK for warranty concerns.

I know about Projector Central they still have not posted
    the review for the Z1 yet.

Decisions,Decisions......