First projector help!!!

hmally123

Established Member
Reaction score
After much thought (was going to wait for a 1080p but i can't wait for one to be in my price range £1000-£1200) so i thought i'll get one for temp use. So i've narrowed it down to three. Panasonic pt-ax100 £690, optoma hd70 £599 or infocus in76 £890 which one would give me best overall quality for price.

there are a lot of users here with the panny and as far as I can tell they love it, and have very few problems.... they are all great, but I think the panny gets most praise.

i've had a good look on the forum. but still can't make my mind up. I've had a demo of the in76 and was very impressed but can't seem to get a demo of the panny

i've had a good look on the forum. but still can't make my mind up. I've had a demo of the in76 and was very impressed but can't seem to get a demo of the panny

The home cinema shop I went to said that Panny wouldnt let them demo the ax100 - he wasn't sure why either - he's never seen a demo of it.

He had a sanyo z5 on display so I bought that for 599 ex-demo :smashin:

The home cinema shop I went to said that Panny wouldnt let them demo the ax100 - he wasn't sure why either - he's never seen a demo of it.

He had a sanyo z5 on display so I bought that for 599 ex-demo :smashin:

Wow thats a great price! - you must feel like you got a bargain there, the Z5 is defo amazing isn't it? :smashin:

Wow thats a great price! - you must feel like you got a bargain there, the Z5 is defo amazing isn't it? :smashin:

It has a few scratches and had 100 hrs use but got a 5 year warranty too. Havent set it up in my house but it looked :cool: in the shop.

Got a Onkyo 605 amp too and a 10m HDMI cable - all for £999 - just need to hook it all up :thumbsup:

I have a Panny - AX100. The picture is stunning, you have to really stand up close to see any pixels, I'm projecting onto a 106" screen. The only thing that bothers me about this projector is how the hours rack up on the lamp life, I'm sure it adds an hour every time its switched on - someone may want to correct me on that?

You might want to hang on for the AX200, I believe this projector is more suited to Xbox 360/PS3 and also has an extra HDMI input, for not much more than the AX100. Incidentally, I'm also running a 360 and PS3, I'm really happy with the picture, no complaints.

Just a point about the DLP, there is no lens shift, whereas the Panny is very flexible.

After much thought (was going to wait for a 1080p but i can't wait for one to be in my price range £1000-£1200) so i thought i'll get one for temp use. So i've narrowed it down to three. Panasonic pt-ax100 £690, optoma hd70 £599 or infocus in76 £890 which one would give me best overall quality for price.

I was in the same position to you a couple of weeks ago. I eventually went for one in the trade forums on here. I got a Sanyo Z3 with under 100 hours on the bulb for £360 delivered. It may not be the latest and greatest but I'm more than happy with it, I find it great for all my consoles and movie watching. I just wanted a cheap but good stepping stone while waiting for the 1080p ones to hit an affordable price.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom