First projector complications (buying help) all input appriciated !

Zevulos

Hi,
Im not sure what i should do at the moment, i have a choice between these projectors at different price points.
The UHD300x is 2 years old with a new bulb for 580gbp
The UHD42 is 1 year old with original bulb at 20hrs for 800gbp
and the UHD38 is brand new with 6 years warrenty for 1100gbp

Do i save and get the UHD38 and get a nice 6 years warrenty with richer sounds, or do i save my money and get the UHD300x.
Im not sure how long projectors usually last and if they are prone to braking after a certain threshold.

ill be using it on a 133 inch screen for about 35% gaming and 65% movies/TV The room will have ambient lighting.

Any advice/input would be highly appriciated.

DB9S

Hi,
Im not sure what i should do at the moment, i have a choice between these projectors at different price points.
The UHD300x is 2 years old with a new bulb for 580gbp
The UHD42 is 1 year old with original bulb at 20hrs for 800gbp
and the UHD38 is brand new with 6 years warrenty for 1100gbp

Do i save and get the UHD38 and get a nice 6 years warrenty with richer sounds, or do i save my money and get the UHD300x.
Im not sure how long projectors usually last and if they are prone to braking after a certain threshold.

ill be using it on a 133 inch screen for about 35% gaming and 65% movies/TV The room will have ambient lighting.

Any advice/input would be highly appriciated.
The 42 is the brightest and most up-to-date unit. 6 years warranty is not to be sniffed at and if you need it (for any number of potential reasons) you will be glad you have it.

The 38 is 4000 lumens to 42's 3400. Better for your 133" screen.
The 38 has a slightly longer throw range and so is a little more versatile in placement.
The 38 also has twice the quoted contrast of the 42.
See here for 38:

And here for 42:

The 300x is dimmer than both (2200 lumens) and has a quarter the contrast of the 38. It is also listed as discontinued.

For the 300 sovs difference and 6 year warranty (with the peace of mind it brings) I would go with the 38, personally.

Zevulos

Wow, the links are brilliant thanks !
You have 100% swayed me in the right direction. I just couldnt get past a mental block of the 300x lol.

Thanks !

DB9S

You have 100% swayed me in the right direction. I just couldnt get past a mental block of the 300x lol.

Thanks !
Hey, no problem.
The 38 also has two 4k 60hz HDMI 2.0 ports whereas the 42 only has one. :)

DB9S

Thanks !
Also, if you want to save £100 then the 35 is identical to the 38 but is 'only' 3500 lumens.
Still more than enough for a 133" screen.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom