1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Post

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by kbj242, Sep 23, 2005.

1. kbj242

kbj242

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Morning all - been checking the site for a few months and just upgraded my Sony DAV500.
    I was looking at Denon & Yamaha seperates/systems around the £800-mark. I auditioned numerous units/systems.
    However - I was dismayed to find I'd need to spend £150'ish of my budget on speaker stands & brackets alone !....ie - all that money for little or no contribution to the quality of the sound & vision.
    So I went for Sony seperates: NS52 DVD player, STRDB 900 receiver and 835 Pascal speakers.......
    One word.......Awesome !!!
    The Amp is superb and the speakers compliment it perfectly. Clear, detailed and thunderous sound.
    I've read loads of posts knocking Sony, and I don't dispute the quality of other manufacturers stuff...but, for £800 this set up has been a revelation
    The pictures on my Panasonic 36" CRT are fantastic (a Panasonic plasma beckons in a year or so...)
    So, thanks for all the posts, really helpful, but the truest words I can say to anyone: Your eyes and ears are the best judge...enjoy.

2. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,678
    Glad you've got a system you like,but how long until you get the urge to upgrade :D

Also I was wondering how powerful is the 900? as its only small but as its digital it doesn't really matter.

3. kbj242

kbj242

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I run the Sony 835 Pascals thru the '900, and they can handle up to 140wpc: I think the rating is 100 x 6 (you can run an extra rear speaker to make 6.1 surround). Superb quality, clear and detailed sound.