1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Post : Also Joined The PV500 Club!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Scott C, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Scott C

Scott C
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

Been a member of this forum for quite a while but never really posted here! Well yesterday I took delivery of my first delve into the world of Plasma TV's and had a 37PV500CAB delivered!

It was a toss up between the 37PV500, 42PV500 and 436XDE. But the deciding factor was a local store getting the 37PV500's in and after seeing it all set up in the room now I think I definitely opted for the most suitable size.

To say I'm ecstatic with the quality just running via scart to AV4 would be an understatement!

I am very impressed with the sound too considering it's "just" TV Audio :)

I just have a Toshiba 520e DVD player at the moment but watching LOTR : FOTR Extended last night I was in awe at the quality of the colors. The previous TV was just a standard Panasonic 28" widescreen (non 100hz)

One problem however, and as anal/astethic as it sounds it does bother me :p, on the silver fascia to the right of the power button/lights it arrived with a scratch/mark, can the plastic area there be removed and replaced? Though I know if that is the worst of our problems with the TV then I should consider myself lucky!

I will try and get pictures up later if anyone is interested.

Thanks,

Scott

2. dan23

dan23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    How much did you pay for it?

3. Scott C

Scott C
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It came to around £2200 including delivery :)