First Post :) - Advice Please

Phil Gr

Standard Member
Reaction score
First of all Hello :thumbsup:

Down to business :cool:

My 4 year old daughter decided it would be a good idea to scribble all over our TV and has marked the screen good and proper it looks a mess.

As a result its new TV time, which i could have done without but was on the list of things to get in the new year anyway, its just moved up the list a bit.

My current TV is a 32'' Panasonic (TX-32PB-50) 5-6 year old. at the time it was the recommended best buy and it has done me proud, although recently it has started buzzing on first switch on and bright images

So what is the current TV of choice, Plasma or LCD etc..

I think my max size will be a 40'', uses will be normal TV, Sky (Poss upgrade to Sky HD) DVD's and a Wii Games console

Budget £1500

Advice & Recommendations Please, im well out of step with all things AV, i would like to build a really good system.

Phil G

...My 4 year old daughter decided it would be a good idea to scribble all over our TV and has marked the screen good and proper it looks a mess...

Yikes!
Whatever you get mount it out of reach.

Go for a plasma with a glass front! (All LCDs are plastic as are some Plasmas.)

Mind you if she managed to kill a glass CRT screen then nothing is safe!

First of all Hello :thumbsup:

Down to business :cool:

My 4 year old daughter decided it would be a good idea to scribble all over our TV and has marked the screen good and proper it looks a mess.

As a result its new TV time, which i could have done without but was on the list of things to get in the new year anyway, its just moved up the list a bit.

My current TV is a 32'' Panasonic (TX-32PB-50) 5-6 year old. at the time it was the recommended best buy and it has done me proud, although recently it has started buzzing on first switch on and bright images

So what is the current TV of choice, Plasma or LCD etc..

I think my max size will be a 40'', uses will be normal TV, Sky (Poss upgrade to Sky HD) DVD's and a Wii Games console

Budget £1500

Advice & Recommendations Please, im well out of step with all things AV, i would like to build a really good system.

Phil G
What did she use to scribble on. Surely an alcohol wipe should remove most things from a glass screen.

What did she use to scribble on. Surely an alcohol wipe should remove most things from a glass screen.

:devil: cmon, dont ruin the guys chance to get a new lcd tv past the household accountant ;) :rotfl:

If your little 'Monet' scribbles on your tv at the moment then there is a good chance that she will do it again.
I would mount the TV on the wall out of reach
So it may be worth telling the Mrs that since you cant mount a CRT she has 2choises 1. A nice big LCD or 2. Amputation of daughters limbs.
I think that may do the trick.

lol..bl00dy kids...i've got a 40' sony kdlv2000 aitting on top of my wifes antique bereau just tio make sure the 2yo doesn't get her mitts on it...its safe for now lol

anyway...if you have £1500 then go for a sony 40" kdlv2000...around £1300 at the mo..fantastic sd pic, awesome black levels, superb with hd

fish

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom