• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

First person shooter games like Call of Duty!

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kristianzhe

Hi. I play much Call of duty, and recent days i tried find solutions too optimize the game. I have read about inpit lag, and thats oki now. Yesterday i also did came over 60 versus 50hz. I have all the time played in 50hz, did find solution how too switch it too 60 hz, and my gameplay increased much!!! It was so much faster and react better in the game. Also did switch it too 60pal. I have a pioneer plasma hdtv. Just one more thing, and here is also my question: I have always run the games in 1080i, but did google much last day and ther solutionms was clear. If you play fps games like call of duty that need fast reactions stick too 720p. Is this right? I have not tried it yet.

GMC79

Distinguished Member
The thing is most games are not true 1080p so imo ur aswell just leaving it at 720p and let ur TV do the scaling.
Shouldn't really affect performance but have heard of more tearing etc at 1080p and that has been gone when set at 720p, but i bet on Your lovely Pioneer if u leave it a 720p id reckon it may look better.
Experiment and see but if was me id leave it set at 720p on the 360 even with your 1080p Pio, Also it should always be set to Pal 60 as some games will only run at 60hz anyway.
Can only try things and see.

markie g

Distinguished Member
Welcome to forum, you do only need to post the same question in one section :thumbsup:

Regarding the reaction times, mostly this is down to how fast your response time is on your tv

K

kristianzhe

Oooops, yes sorry. new too forum so didnt see the call of duty section first after i posted here:thumbsup:. Yes i trying, i have played all the time in 50hz:nono:, so i really feel the difference now with 60hz/60pal. reaction is faster. So that you who answered did not misunderstand, i was talking about 1080I versus 720p, not 1080p.:)

GMC79

Distinguished Member
Oooops, yes sorry. new too forum so didnt see the call of duty section first after i posted here:thumbsup:. Yes i trying, i have played all the time in 50hz:nono:, so i really feel the difference now with 60hz/60pal. reaction is faster. So that you who answered did not misunderstand, i was talking about 1080I versus 720p, not 1080p.:)

Oh right yeah seen 1080i now in your post. Not a 1080p set then? If not Defo leave it a 720p and 60hz.

K

kristianzhe

Oh right yeah seen 1080i now in your post. Not a 1080p set then? If not Defo leave it a 720p and 60hz.

Thanks for your help:). yes i will do that, try it today. No i have ready hd, noy full hd. But its a 42 Pioneer, very good tv indeed:)...runs thru hdmi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom