first online game

dennis

Prominent Member
Reaction score
started playing my first online game "world of warcraft"didn't realise it was so addictive,been playing till 3.am some nights,result=dark circles under eyes and a tendancy to look for trolls in my bedroom :D
great fun tho.
whats your names in game,i'm renzo

You get on OK then, Dennis ?

I set up on Sunday eventually, and have been on for a few hours. No noticeable lag at the mo, even on my laptop.

...... I had been wating for the release so I could get a good start at it ........... and guess what ..... I forgot to check the date and now I have missed the first few days :(

.../me = muppet

davet010 said:
You get on OK then, Dennis ?

I set up on Sunday eventually, and have been on for a few hours. No noticeable lag at the mo, even on my laptop.
yes i'm up to level 12 mage,very hard game to master ,not got the hang of chat yet,trying to do hard quests solo is hard,i think we will be disscussing this game when we are oap's :D

,i think we will be disscussing this game when we are oap's

hehe, until they bring out big nerf bats and start changing your favourite class abilities and then everyone will start screaming about gameplay changes, then you become very jaded :)

MMORPGs are excellent games, but they do tend to bring out the worst in people eventually. I would really advise though to regulate the time you spend on them, I played Everquest for 18 months fairly hardcore and it does mess up your life, just remember do not substitute the game for real life friends and family. I still managed to keep my social life just, but I knew others that pretty much sacrificed their real life for the virtual and got very hooked up in it :(

Sinzer said:
hehe, until they bring out big nerf bats and start changing your favourite class abilities and then everyone will start screaming about gameplay changes, then you become very jaded :)

MMORPGs are excellent games, but they do tend to bring out the worst in people eventually. I would really advise though to regulate the time you spend on them, I played Everquest for 18 months fairly hardcore and it does mess up your life, just remember do not substitute the game for real life friends and family. I still managed to keep my social life just, but I knew others that pretty much sacrificed their real life for the virtual and got very hooked up in it :(

social life? whats that then? :D

My first, and only, online multiplayer game was Unreal Tournament was years ago with my crappy specced PC, and I got owned. I had a go again lastweek now I have a much faster PC and broadband and still got owned. I hate the game now.

Your a lvl 12 already and this is your first foray into MMO's?
Anyone else who's playing WOW just now who also palyed/plays City of Heroes , confirm if this game is easier to play ?
I've spent the best part of 2 weeks on COH and it's taken me this long to get to lvl 19 !
Do you get new powers and abilities every other level in WOW ala COH or is it more difficult to achive new powers in this game hence the quicker lvl upper (new term).?
Been seriously thinking of buying this but not if it's too easy.

Cheers.
Panic

PS no offence intended to your gameing skills Dennis , your probably just much better than me :)

Think they are pretty similar in terms of ease of play - I'm lvl 18 in CoH but not played much WoW..just started new char on Zenedar, and got to lvl 6 quite quick.

At the mo, CoH wins for me on a couple of counts

- chat system is far easier to use

- sidekick/exemplar system means I can play with players who are far higher levels and not be wasting my time or theirs. AFAIK, WoW doesn't have this built into it.

CoH might not have the longevity, but this depends on what expansions come out for both games.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom