First Night Pics - Pictures added

thelegendofyrag

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I took my first night pics the other evening, on the Manual setting of my Nikon D3000 DSLR.

Your opinions would be welcome, as i want to take my photography seriously.

I have up-loaded the images to flikr, but what is the best way of uploading a few of them here? And how do i get the exif data up as well, as i i thought it was viewable for each photo on flikr but cannot see it any where?

Cheers

DSC_0011 by Gary & Niki, on Flickr

Camera Nikon D3000
Exposure 0.5
Aperture f/4.5
Focal Length 22 mm
ISO 800
White Balance Auto
Noise Reduction Off

DSC_0032 by Gary & Niki, on Flickr

Exposure 0.5
Aperture f/4.5
Focal Length 22 mm
ISO Speed 400
White Balance Auto

DSC_0034 by Gary & Niki, on Flickr

Exposure 0.5
Aperture f/4.5
Focal Length 22 mm
ISO Speed 400
White Balance Auto

DSC_0045 by Gary & Niki, on Flickr

Exposure 0.5
Aperture f/5.0
Focal Length 36 mm
ISO Speed 800

DSC_0046 by Gary & Niki, on Flickr

Exposure 0.5
Aperture f/5.0
Focal Length 36 mm
ISO Speed 800

DSC_0051 by Gary & Niki, on Flickr

Exposure 0.5
Aperture f/5.0
Focal Length 29 mm
ISO Speed 400

DSC_0054 by Gary & Niki, on Flickr

Exposure 0.5
Aperture f/5.0
Focal Length 29 mm
ISO Speed 800

DSC_0070 by Gary & Niki, on Flickr

Exposure 0.5
Aperture f/4.0
Focal Length 22 mm
ISO Speed 800

DSC_0072 by Gary & Niki, on Flickr

Exposure 0.25 sec (1/4)
Aperture f/4.0
Focal Length 22 mm
ISO Speed 800

DSC_0087 by Gary & Niki, on Flickr

Exposure 0.5
Aperture f/4.0
Focal Length 22 mm
ISO Speed 800

No flash used, think perhaps i should have in 10?

Feel free to comment

Last edited:
Hiya...Get your image on the screen in flickr...Click "Share".....Click "Grab the HTML|BBCODE"

Choose Medium, copy and paste into post here....

Exif data...click Actions then "View Exif info" if it hasnt been stripped out by your software

A bit like this... :smashin:

Screenshot-2011-12-19_113917.png

yeah...like that...make sure you click the little BBcode button under the size

when using the forum reply box just press control v on your keyboard (windows os) no need to press the insert image button, that will just paste in your link.

did you take these with a tripod?? What I tend to do is to go for smaller aperture like f8 or above and ISO set 100. Then use a timer to fire the shot... this gives you a longer exposure but will also give you great snaps... this one I took a couple of weeks back.. camera was rested on a wall...

DSC_0428.jpg by raj-rexgold, on Flickr

This one taken by hand with ISO set to Auto and this pushed it to 1600.

DSC_0429.jpg by raj-rexgold, on Flickr

I really enjoy taking photos at night as the lights give out the starry sparkle effeect...

DSC_9545.jpg by raj-rexgold, on Flickr

Enjoy...:thumbsup:

I will be taking a lot of pictures in Prague with lighting, but also without much light like my ones posted. So wanted to get a bit of practice in, the majority i take will be on A or P mode but will be messing around with manual when i have time (when the wife is getting herself ready)

No I did'nt use a tripod, and should i have perhaps used the flash?

I just wanted the minimal light that was available in the pictures so i thought the flash would have made them too bright.

I will be taking a lot of pictures in Prague with lighting, but also without much light like my ones posted. So wanted to get a bit of practice in, the majority i take will be on A or P mode but will be messing around with manual when i have time (when the wife is getting herself ready)

No I did'nt use a tripod, and should i have perhaps used the flash?

I just wanted the minimal light that was available in the pictures so i thought the flash would have made them too bright.

Nope... I don't use the flash as it does nothing for the photo.. I would invest in a good tripod and also a remote shutter release as they are invaluable.. you can get away with using the timer too...

Nope... I don't use the flash as it does nothing for the photo.. I would invest in a good tripod and also a remote shutter release as they are invaluable.. you can get away with using the timer too...

Ok That is not entirely true... you can do a lot with flash too. Lot of people have done a lot of creative photography with flash. I am trying to capture the panorama and in that, the flash can't help me...

Why would you use the timer? To avoid camera shake? Will i also be better off turning the noise reduction option on?

Couple more pictures taken over the weekend:

Police Helicopter by gary_hounsome, on Flickr

Exposure 0.006 sec (1/160)
Aperture f/7.1
Focal Length 55 mm
ISO Speed 100

DSC_0035 by gary_hounsome, on Flickr

Exposure 0.017 sec (1/60)
Aperture f/5.6
Focal Length 55 mm
ISO Speed 100

DSC_0020 by gary_hounsome, on Flickr

Exposure 0.017 sec (1/60)
Aperture f/5.6
Focal Length 55 mm
ISO Speed 100

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom