1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Night Of The Proms

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2004.

1. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,237
    Does anyone know if tonight’s performance is repeated? I oly switched on when they was the best part of the way through the Planet Suit. It is flagged on BBC 4 as First Night Of The Proms on Tuesday but the reading says Elgar. Are the showing 2 together as it seem quite a long program.

2. nabby

nabby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,530
    According to the BBC Proms website it's not repeated unfortunately! I wanted to see it for the Bach piece but got delayed getting home from work so ended up listening to it in the car on Radio 3.
    The Proms website (www.bbc.co.uk/proms) says as of the morning after the performance you can listen to the whole broadcast again through the internet. Otherwise start a campaign to get it out on dvd? :)

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,237
    We may be in luck ad I have just gone to your link and found this further link http://www.bbc.co.uk/proms/whatson/week1.shtml which says Elgar was played last night, and as Elgar is flaged for BBC4 and it does say First Night of the Proms (how many first nights can there be :) ).

I did see a bit on TV on the organ (that they had spent about 1.5 million renovating. :eek: ) that they was going to play Bach on but I did not care for they guy who was so played Tacca and Fugue style, I just hope he was showing off.