First Motorised Screen Install (Newbie)

Malcolm1610

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

So after using an ikea blind for past year or so (which I was extremely happy with) I've now decided to get a motorised screen installed which I managed to buy secondhand.

Not sure of the make of the screen; however it's a 90" 16:9 screen which weights a ton (well I think about 15-20kg).

Being a Newbie and very limited with DIY skills I decided ceiling mounting was out of the question, but having installed a couple of plasmas / TVS to the wall I was confident with getting on to the wall.

The holes for the bolts to attach to the wall seemed very small and not so stable to me and after some Google searches and this great forum i found that people had been using shelve brackets attached to the wall and then hanging the screens from the brackets!!

This was perfect as I would like to keep a frame on the wall which would be covered with the screen when being used.

After paying a visit to B&Q I came across some brackets (picture attached) which seemed solid and perfect for my needs. And considering these are just over £2.50 each they had been a no brainer for me.

I'm currently in process of getting this fitted to the wall and will then hang the screen from the existing holes on the brackets.

Only issues I have is the power lead for the screen drops down from the left hand side and my power sockets are on the left. Ideally I need the power control switches within reach as the previous owner had lost the remote for the screen.

Apart from a load of extensions etc has anyone ever extended the current power leads on the screens and is it a straightforward job to do?

Also is it possible to buy replacement remotes for the screen, despite not knowing the make of the screen?

Attachments

• 20170131_155146.jpg
    20170131_155146.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 89
  • 20170131_173125.jpg
    20170131_173125.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 87
  • 20170131_155059.jpg
    20170131_155059.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 80
OK so the screen is now up, looks so much better than the roller blind I was using.:clap:
As you can see the wire on right is what I need to try and hide now.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom