1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

first major TV buy

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Frane, Jul 31, 2004.

1. Frane

Frane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Should I go for Loewe Aventos 3970 , or You think for same amount of money it is better to purchase 32'' TV (another brand). If so please recommend which one. Main thing for me is picture...I am new in all this, actually this is my first major TV buy. So I definitely need Help.
    :confused:

2. FlyingBig

FlyingBig
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I would recommend not buying a loewe set just for the fact your not going to get a good a pciture as you would expect having splashed out near a thousand pound. Its more a designer set and you are paying more for the silky look of the tv set and the features it has rather than out and out picture quality. I know this because i have recently purchased a Loewe tv set and i am returning it for the above reasons. Picture quality is pretty decent but nothing special. Hope this helps.

3. Frane

Frane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank You for replay FlyingBig. What I am interested in is what's picture like on loewe when watching cable TV? Because they played DVD on it in the store. So logically picture was great. They didn't have antenna plugged in so I wasn't been able to see real TV quality. I guess You did, so how would You compare it with Sony or Philips ... What TV would You recommend for 1000 euros.

4. FlyingBig

FlyingBig
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Problem with my Loewe set is that if i switch on digital noise reduction i get strange artefacts so i have to keep it switched off which means that picture quality isnt the greatest i have seen. Picking a tv these days is a tricky one, i have decided to stick with a rear projection set as in my view they give the best picture quality considering the size of the picture. So for a thousand euro you have a wide selection of tvs to pick one, Good luck.

5. Frane

Frane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank You FlyingBig