First LG OLED TV Advert spotted

hodg100

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Above and Beyond

Featuring the strap-line 'Above and Beyond', the first television commercials for LG's upcoming 55" OLED TV, the EM960V, are starting to do the rounds.

After the manufacturers effectively pulled the wool of consumers' eyes when LED backlighting for LCD televisions started to come in to vogue, we think they're going to have difficulties convincing the public that OLED is something genuinely new and exciting - which, of course, it is! How do you think this first effort does on that front?

Anyhow, time to stoke up the hype train. Advert below:

Attachments

• lgoledtv.jpg
    lgoledtv.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 520
Last edited:
"largest 55 inch TV"? :confused:

I still want one though. :D

We currently have a 43" Pio 768p plasma; we've had it for 7 years.

We're not upgrading just yet, but I think it'll only be a couple of years away, and we were looking at 50"-60".

The Pio cost us the best part of £2k, which seems ridiculous now. I wonder how much this will be?

Steve W

We currently have a 43" Pio 768p plasma; we've had it for 7 years.

We're not upgrading just yet, but I think it'll only be a couple of years away, and we were looking at 50"-60".

The Pio cost us the best part of £2k, which seems ridiculous now. I wonder how much this will be?

Steve W

A lot more than £2k. I don't think pricing has been announced but expect £6k+

EDIT: LG Dave will be along if I'm wrong

Last edited:
Cant wait to see this beuty in flesh ....

Seems mad that the prices on these is in 4K plus market , Does it really cost that much to produce this TV ? They should be aiming for 2.5k mark max on 55"

This is a fundamentally new technology - there is going to be a large premium for a number of years.
Hopefully by the time I am in the market for a new TV OLED will have settled into plasma's niche.
Plasma has been pushed to (or beyond) it's limit for a few years now.

Yes, I think OLED is going to replace my Pioneer plasma once the tech becomes affordable.

I've just seen that it's passive 3D and 4K, meaning it should be the full 1080p when watching 3D flicker free. Yes please! Seriously, I'm going to hang on until it becomes affordable for us mere mortals and then I'll pounce.

Yes, I think OLED is going to replace my Pioneer plasma once the tech becomes affordable.

I've just seen that it's passive 3D and 4K, meaning it should be the full 1080p when watching 3D flicker free. Yes please! Seriously, I'm going to hang on until it becomes affordable for us mere mortals and then I'll pounce.

its not 4k :rolleyes:

Well it's a shame the specs aren't on the LG website, but I did find this. So if that's wrong, I'll contact them and tell them to take it down and stop teasing me!

"•Dynamic Contrast Ratio: N/A
•Brightness: High
•Response Time: N/A
"
'N/A' - super drool!

Dont think most people knows how good oled are in real life .. on a tv

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom