First Impressions

adda

Novice Member
Ninty have rewrit the rule book with this, its the frickin business.
Everyone is gonna want one!!!!!

What do the rest of you think?

p.s. sorry to everyone who didn't get theirs today but you will be so happy when you do

svidoy84

Standard Member
Love Wii Sports to bits. Other games im getting used to the sensor bar! Everytime i move my arm out of shot, the cursor goes straight into the sky and i can never get it under control again! Its going to take some getting use to!

Other than that, its brilliant!

adda

Novice Member
Forgot to mention , havent even opened Zelda yet, still havin loads of fun with wii sports. It is proper good, more than i expected for a "demo" type game.
Great sense of satisfaction when you do a good shot etc. You really feel as if you personally did it rather than you just pressed the button right if ya know what i mean?

stuthurgeson

Novice Member
Forgot to mention , havent even opened Zelda yet, still havin loads of fun with wii sports. It is proper good, more than i expected for a "demo" type game.
Great sense of satisfaction when you do a good shot etc. You really feel as if you personally did it rather than you just pressed the button right if ya know what i mean?
The same here with me adda, the Wii is great. I've got a big dilema though. Got Red Steel and Zelda, my misses said she would get me one of them for Christmas. Do I go for Zelda now even though I haven't got my component cable yet. People have said not to play Zelda until you have one. Or do I settle for Red Steel now?

echelon

Novice Member
The same here with me adda, the Wii is great. I've got a big dilema though. Got Red Steel and Zelda, my misses said she would get me one of them for Christmas. Do I go for Zelda now even though I haven't got my component cable yet. People have said not to play Zelda until you have one. Or do I settle for Red Steel now?
i say save Zelda from Xmas!!

It'll be more fun cos of the component cables and build-up!!

plus it gives you a chance you play Wii sports, and forces you to play through Red Steel (which may seen awful if you play it AFTER playing through Zelda)

Hitby

well, I think it's bloody brilliant. Had it in the office at lunch and two people asked when they could get one. One went through the Amazon rigmaroll this afty (unsuccessfully) and the other has NEVER had a games console at 37 years of age. Says a lot me thinks

O

onthepunt

i think wii sports is good but theres not much there unless you are playing with other people. Zelda looks epic and ive only scratched the surface, cant wait to get stuck into it. Kinda dissapointed theres no free demos or anything, every other console has this now :thumbsdow

adda

Novice Member
@stu

tough call aint it? im after a component cable as well but must say im pleasantly surprised how good it looks without. i dunno mate, ill let you know how zelda looks but id prob get red steel out the way first and "save" zelda for best!:)

tscotsman

i must admit i cannot understand the fascination with this console, but then each to their own. the games just look too childlike for me, same old nintendo as far as im concerned.

D

Deleted member 92943

i think wii sports is good but theres not much there unless you are playing with other people. Zelda looks epic and ive only scratched the surface, cant wait to get stuck into it. Kinda dissapointed theres no free demos or anything, every other console has this now :thumbsdow
I think that was what put me off buying the Wii as i very rarely have friends around my house (we usually go out) and having friends with you in multiplayer games is what is needed. For a single player most of the time the 360 is the best for me

Not saying there's nothing wrong with the Wii though. The console looks great and i take my hat off to Nintendo for having INOVATION and without them the industry would not be where it is today

adda

Novice Member
hitby..nail on the head! people who wouldn't normally be interested are gonna see it, have a go, want one, simple as that! job done nintendo

and for all us jaded gamers..talk about fresh!!

Anotherlimey

Distinguished Member
i must admit i cannot understand the fascination with this console, but then each to their own. the games just look too childlike for me, same old nintendo as far as im concerned.
Thats a good thing as far as most of us are concerned, I have a Xbox 360 for flash graphics i love this console for pure fun :smashin:

adda

Novice Member
@lee cooper,
ive been playing with myself all day!
missus will be home in a bit and i know she is gonna love this. got her on samba de amigo, couldnt get the maraccas back. this will be the same.

V

VincentVega

Outrageously good fun. The graphics, whilst not as good as those on my 360, are perfect. Wii Sports is hilarious (and tiring).

The hardware seems pretty well-built and looks good. It's a lot smaller than I thought it would be.

I have managed to connect my Wii to the internet despite not having wireless ethernet at home by connecting it to the WiFi on my Mac Pro. The Mac Pro acts as a go-between. So now it's even better.

trevellion

Novice Member
@lee cooper,
ive been playing with myself all day!
missus will be home in a bit and i know she is gonna love this. got her on samba de amigo, couldnt get the maraccas back. this will be the same.
Lol. Do you have a Wii? You might want to rephrase that

marcstang

Get Zelda now. It looks great even without component.

MANGABOY

Novice Member
I just had a quick half hour blast on Wii sports and think its great. Its like one of those work out videos. I was actually having fun just entering in the date and giving my console a name on set up :rotfl: Just the new control system is a totally new experience and is quite enjoyable. Im pretty impressed with the graphics and vibrant colours as well and thats just through composite. Wonder what it look like when the component cable arrives :eek: Unwrap Zelda soon and give that a go, but impressed so far :thumbsup:

davie563

Novice Member
yeah have to agree, this is stunning !!!

Wii sports is sooo much fun today, i play golf with my dad alot and the golf game was a blast to play 2gether, i play of a handi-cap of 8 in real life and its very accurate in terms od swing control ect... Cant wait till EA port over the tiger woods game and incorperate these controls, then we will be rockin :p

Bowling and tennis are sweet to, love the wee phht sound that comes from the controller when u hit the ball..

Also, im stuck with composite cables the now 2, but i played about 1hr of zelda so far and it looks great. Hopefully i can get a set of component cables before xmas, but yeah. overall, this was the most excited ive been for a new consle and it lived up to it in every way...

Nows it time for a big Zelda marathon 2night :)

**ohh yeah, Red Steel is pretty decent 2, after all the bad reviews i was pretty unsure about gettin it, but yeah, not bad atol, (im sure metroid prime 3 will blow it away thou)

Cya soon :)

D

DarrenB

I must really be a big kid at heart because this thing is the dogs.

Wii tennis, my six year old has been on it for three minutes and is now Boris Becker!

I havent even opened, Zelda, Monkey ball, or Raving Rabbits!

PS. I've had the consle all day and have only just hooked it up! LOL.

SportiveUK

Novice Member
So far... so good... so wii!

I knew it was always going to be different and I was a bit unsure when I ordered as traditionally I have never been a Nintendo fan. Even with just the standard av lead the picture is perfectly acceptable and I like the wii channels idea. It all fits together nicely.

It looks smart, and makes a strangely silent noise whilst running! (i.e. I am used to the Xbox 360).

First impression: Better than I thought it would be. Now I just need to be able to buy some Wii points to download Sonic :cool:

Gold Feet

Novice Member
Well, first impressions, the Wii reminds me of why I first started playing video games back in the Atari days, for fun :thumbsup: as for childlike, theres rather a large percentage of older gamers buying the Wii, the games in your sig bore me to tears, done and dusted in the 90's, as you say each to their own.

stepp

Novice Member
Just played my friends for about 2 hours. Graphics are poor, very very poor, controlls seem ok although its not as precise as i thought it would be, didnt go online but then we have MAME etc for all old games which run perfect and look amazing on a big pc monitor so this doesnt interest me in the slightest.

Zelda i thought would be amazing, but i just cant get over how dated it looks.

I think it was just the shock of the graphics that let me down, maybe i imagined it to look a little better, i also suppose it doesnt help that ive been playing the 360 solid for ages on a nice big hdtv/

Mine arrives wednesday and im not sure if i want to sell it on ebay or keep it.

pablo99

Novice Member
Abosolutely superb!!! :thumbsup:

Or at least it looks it. :( I can't get near it!!

I bought the thing for me, my 15 yr old son and 9 yr old daughter.

I bought Red Steel, Zelda, Wii Play and of course Wii Sports.

Have I played any of them yet?? NO!

Can't get the 15 yr old boy off the blinking bowling!!:rolleyes:

Zelda and Red Steel are sitting unopened!

It is truly a cracking console. :D

Pablo

howieeb

Wii Sports is much better than I thought. 4 mates and a few beers and it'll be great fun. I've decided to wait for a component cable to arrive before getting stuck into Zelda though - composite really doesn't do it any favours. Other, more vibrant games look fine.