First house, First cinema room

adamroutley

Hi guys, we will be moving into our first house on the 25th of this month so looking at installing a cinema room of sorts. The house is a semi-detached so soundproofing measures will be taken to prevent over-spill into next door.

I don't know all that much about screens and projectors and what not, but I'm an Architect Technician and a time served joiner/carpenter.

I have an idea of how I would like to use one of our downstairs rooms but would like your helps on any issues or recommendations.

The powered drop down screen will be sat in a pelmet and the projector will be ceiling hung or in a pelmet at the other end of the room.

I'm going to batten out and insulate the adjoining wall to add sound deadening and also use absorption panels on the side walls to reduce reverb.

I have quite a hefty sub which will be hidden in the bay window seated area. Anywho, on to the pictures and links.

Layout.png Layout1.png 1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png

Ideally I'm after hints and tips on how to make it better. How to hide cables etc. I'd quite like to know how I can automate the screen when I switch on the projector.

I have found the following which I may buy:
BenQ TW519 Digital Projector: Amazon.co.uk: TV
120” 3.05m HD Home Cinema Electric Projector Projection Screen 16:9 Matt White | eBay

Thanks,
Adam

archie2000

Some projectors have a 12v out connection that you can run a lead from to connect to the screen so that when you switch on the projector it triggers the screen mechanism to operate, and also close when you switch off. Obviously, the screen needs to have a 12v receiver socket too.
I have an Epson EH-TW6100, but unfortunately no 12v out. Instead I have configured my Harmony One remote to switch the projector on and lower the screen at the same time. (and raise when I switch off the projector using the Harmony) I only have to point the remote at the screen as the signal bounces off the casing to the projector at the opposite end of the room.

From what I can see, the BenQ TW519 does not have the 12v trigger.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom