First Home Theater System -

WMMC

Novice Member
Hello everyone. I'm putting together my first home theater system, and I've done a lot of research before purchasing my AV receiver, TV, and speakers.
Anyway I've made my decisions and placed my orders which will arrive this week. Here's what I decided.

TV: Sony X950H 65"
AV Receiver: Denon S750H (I would have gone a little higher end, but as you guys know AV receivers are a pretty darn scarce commodity.)
Speakers: 2ea. ELAC Debut 2.0 F6.2 Floor standing speakers for my fronts. 2ea. ELAC Atmos A4.2 speakers to go on top of the floor standers. 1ea. ELAC Debut 2.0 C6.2 center speaker. 2ea. ELAC Debut 2.0 OW4.2 on wall speakers (On wall, because I'm short on space. The speakers will be on a tilt/swivel mount). And 1ea. Polk Audio PSW108 subwoofer.

I wanted a pretty decent system without spending an obscene amount of $$. You guys think this will cut the mustard so to speak?

Last edited:

Kapkirk

Should be OK.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Hello everyone. I'm putting together my first home theater system, and I've done a lot of research before purchasing my AV receiver, TV, and speakers.
Anyway I've made my decisions and placed my orders which will arrive this week. Here's what I decided.

TV: Sony X950H 65"
AV Receiver: Denon S750H (I would have gone a little higher end, but as you guys know AV receivers are a pretty darn scarce commodity.)
Speakers: 2ea. ELAC Debut 2.0 F6.2 Floor standing speakers for my fronts. 2ea. ELAC Atmos A4.2 speakers to go on top of the floor standers. 1ea. ELAC Debut 2.0 C6.2 center speaker. 2ea. ELAC Debut 2.0 OW4.2 on wall speakers (On wall, because I'm short on space. The speakers will be on a tilt/swivel mount). And 1ea. Polk Audio PSW108 subwoofer.

I wanted a pretty decent system without spending an obscene amount of $$. You guys think this will cut the mustard so to speak?
It looks like you have spent most money in to good speakers which is the way to go! The 199$ subwoofer is the weak link in your system, but you will get some rumble going on with blockbuster flicks. Sadly decent woofers start from 400$ up. I would urge you to save up for something like SVS PB1000 Pro minium so you get the quality and performance with the upgrade later.

I don´t know how much you paid for the S750, but you could get the better X1600H model for 499$ with 3year warranty, this is Denon refurbished model though but longer warranty than on S series. If you paid less for it then no problem.

WMMC

Novice Member
It looks like you have spent most money in to good speakers which is the way to go! The 199$ subwoofer is the weak link in your system, but you will get some rumble going on with blockbuster flicks. Sadly decent woofers start from 400$ up. I would urge you to save up for something like SVS PB1000 Pro minium so you get the quality and performance with the upgrade later.

I don´t know how much you paid for the S750, but you could get the better X1600H model for 499$ with 3year warranty, this is Denon refurbished model though but longer warranty than on S series. If you paid less for it then no problem.
Thanks for your response and input. Much appreciated! You're probably right about the subwoofer. At this time I just couldn't see spending much more on a subwoofer. I may need to look at that again down the road. As for the receiver. I'm not one for buying refurbished electronics. Even though they may be as good as a new and have a warranty, I still prefer unused, new equipment. But thanks for the information. I'll study up on the SVS PB1000. I can return the Polk if I'm not happy.
My ELAC Floor standers arrived at 6:30am this morning. I'll unbox them later today.

WMMC

Novice Member
Thread starter here … I realize I probably posted this thread in the wrong sub-forum. I guess it should have been in the Home Cinema Buying & Building forum (Moderator, feel free to move it if it's in the wrong place).
Anyway, I've received all my items and everything is up and running. ELACs sound great! Denon receiver working perfectly. It took awhile to figure out how to get sound from the rear wall mounted speakers, but I got it done. I decided to get a new TV console to house the Denon. I didn't want to shame it by putting it in my 20+ year old console. Gasp3621 recommended I look at the SVS PB1000 Pro. Upon looking into the sub, I will purchase either that or the 2000 series if my Polk can't produce.
Once I learn a few things about Home Theaters and how to solve issues, I'll be glad to help answer member's questions if I can.

Attached are a few pics.

Attachments

• DSCF0070.JPG
    DSCF0070.JPG
    321.2 KB · Views: 25
  • DSCF0073.JPG
    DSCF0073.JPG
    279.2 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCF0068.JPG
    DSCF0068.JPG
    255.9 KB · Views: 24

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom