• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question First home theater system, speaker advice

bbender716

Novice Member
I have approximately a 15 x 20 room with one of the 20ft sides open to a larger part of the house (open concept). With the couch on one of the 15ft sides facing the opposite end with the TV 20ft away.

I have a receiver that will do the job for now that I plan on upgrading in 1-2 years but am looking for a speaker setup (I have none currently) that will last for a long time.

Budget is ~1500-2000 (per the wife). Currently the house is wired for speakers in the upper four corners of the room (from previous owners). Not sure if that setup is optimal or should be used for atmos later.

Looking for a pre-atmos system that I can upgrade to atmos when I upgrade the receiver. I'm open to any and all suggestions on what to do both what type of setup (5.2 vs 7.2 vs 5.1) and brand/model (KEF vs Klipsch vs etc.). Thanks all!

-BB

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom