First home theater attempt

loxs

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I have always enjoyed playing with AV equipment and recently decided to decorate the lounge as it was pretty tired. I did have a Samsung 40" D8000 with a Yamaha YAS-101 soundbar. It was ok for watching TV but lacked punch. My wife and I both enjoy movies and watch around 5+ movies a week. So decided to put something in that would bring the best out of the movies. My budget was pretty small and so went for the following:

Kit:

Optoma HD25
Yamaha RXV673
Tannoy HTS101
81" eurovision screen
Mac Mini 2013
Virgin Tivo 1TB box
Xbox360
Logitech Harmony Touch
Logitech K400r keyboard and integrated mouse.
Virgin Superhub 2
Gecko Reflect REF1100

Currently i have simply tacked the speaker cables to the wall, as my budget did not really allow for sinking the cables into the walls etc. So i still need to do some work on this, I was thinking some of the D-line trunking to sit above the skirting boards. The sub is sat behind the sofa. Sofa is Stratus from Next.

416247d1376316980-first-home-theater-attempt-room.jpg

416248d1376317026-first-home-theater-attempt-photo.jpg

Last edited:
Hi I would just paint the cables black rather than using the white trunking. ..

I was thinking of using the white trunking my build but thought it looked awful.

Hi I would just paint the cables black rather than using the white trunking. ..

I was thinking of using the white trunking my build but thought it looked awful.

Exactly my suggestion.

"5 movies a week"!!?? Wow! Movie junkies! :D Wish I had my time back! :facepalm:

Nice and neat... and simply great fun. Really reminds me of when my wife and I first bought a projector and simply shone pics on the wall. Just keep on enjoying my friend and never get impatient to upgrade. Sometimes we spend so much time researching and upgrading when the enjoyment is simply there to be had instantly. :smashin:

Just keep on enjoying my friend and never get impatient to upgrade. Sometimes we spend so much time researching and upgrading when the enjoyment is simply there to be had instantly. :smashin:

[/QUOTE]

So true ...

Mind you upgrade is also part of the fun

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom