First fail of the summer.

cas398

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I am officially announcing the first fail of the summer.

Today, on one of the hottest days we've had I seen two girls going in for a sun bed :rolleyes:

Who the heck educates these people?

They did make me laugh though :rotfl:.

The thing is though, they might not have time to sunbathe on a weekday, so it's easier to pop on the sunbed for 10mins.

dont you get a more even Tan if you use a bed and like the above said it only takes a few minutes of your time instead of laying around outside allday

dont you get a more even Tan if you use a bed and like the above said it only takes a few minutes of your time instead of laying around outside allday

It comes down to convinience for many, it's quick and as you say it tans all over without having to lie on your back then your stomach which you have to do on holiday, in the park or wherever you sunbathe.

You can also get an all over tan if that's your bag ;) I doubt you could do that in your local park. :rotfl:

Well I'm :rotfl: by the replies.

Yes it's more convenient to jump in a sun bed and get a quick tan, but that's the attitude that has todays women looking like Clementines.

The suns out for once and instead of embrassing it people are jumping in to the sun beds to pay for what they are actually getting for free, albeit in a much lesser but safer form.

Convenience shouldn't be used as an excuse. Do they really need to hit the beds on a day like this? I don't think so, infact this is the only day not to go to the sunbeds imo :)

I agree it's better to make use of the natural sun, and enjoy it especially in this country.

But again people go to sunbeds for convenience and an all year round tan.

Not everyone can sunbathe when the suns out, especially if they work.

So instead they go for a sunbed in the evening for example.

With the clemintines comment yes some people choose the "You've been tangoed look" but often that's spray tan and those that do choose to toast themselves on the sunbed, not everyone does go overboard with sunbeds though.

The suns out for once and instead of embrassing it people are jumping in to the sun beds to pay for what they are actually getting for free, albeit in a much lesser but safer form.

Not everyone has the free time to enjoy the sun though.

Hence the convenience sunbeds provide.

Not everyone has the free time to enjoy the sun though.

Hence the convenience sunbeds provide.

Who's to say they didn't have the spare time?

To me it looked lik ethey defo walked it there in their three quater lengths. They were obviously out because it was a sunny day, I just don't think the sun beds are an appropriate choice for this weather.

It doesn't take a genious to work out the convenience sun beds provide but that isn't my point.

I agree it's better to make use of the natural sun, and enjoy it especially in this country.

But again people go to sunbeds for convenience and an all year round tan.

Not everyone can sunbathe when the suns out, especially if they work.

So instead they go for a sunbed in the evening for example.

With the clemintines comment yes some people choose the "You've been tangoed look" but often that's spray tan and those that do choose to toast themselves on the sunbed, not everyone does go overboard with sunbeds though.

Nah I don't agree with that. The Clementine look is skin which has been burned to death on the old sunbeds. Spray tans don't look fake if it's done right.

Last edited:
Hah I don't agree with that. The Clementine look is skin which has been burned to death on the old sunbeds. Spray tans don't look fake if it's done right.

Spray tans don't look fake?! spray tans will always have tell tale signs around the ankles, elbows etc, even if they are done professionally and the person has exfoliated before.

All sunbeds are is uv rays from the uv lights that you would get from the sun (but at a quicker pace)

A sun bed will provide the same sort of tan you would get from the sun but in a shorter amount of time.

A spray tan will look more fake than a sunbed.

Both extreme spray tans and sunbeds look bad, but so does too much sun aswell.

And with regards to old sunbeds causing the orange look, the type of sunbed and power is irrelevant, it's the amount of exposure to the lamps, uv rays.

On the more powerful models the tanning time is reduced per session anyway.

Last edited:
Who's to say they didn't have the spare time?

To me it looked lik ethey defo walked it there in their three quater lengths. They were obviously out because it was a sunny day, I just don't think the sun beds are an appropriate choice for this weather.

It doesn't take a genious to work out the convenience sun beds provide but that isn't my point.

Your assuming they had the spare time, how would you or anyone know.

And even if they did not everyone wants to spend their time lying in a park or garden.

I don't see the big deal with them choosing to use sunbeds, some choose to use sunbeds to get a base tan for a holiday.

As long as they are used in moderation I don't see the problem.

but that's the attitude that has todays women looking like Clementines.
Sunbeds dont make your skin go orange, thats fake tan. I can 100% agree with you about how stupid it is for them to use money to get a tan when they can get it for free. You only need to be in it an hour or so.

Spray tans don't look fake?! spray tans will always have tell tale signs around the ankles, elbows etc, even if they are done professionally and the person has exfoliated before.

All sunbeds are is uv rays from the uv lights that you would get from the sun (but at a quicker pace)

A sun bed will provide the same sort of tan you would get from the sun but in a shorter amount of time.

A spray tan will look more fake than a sunbed.

Both extreme spray tans and sunbeds look bad, but so does too much sun aswell.

And with regards to old sunbeds causing the orange look, the type of sunbed and power is irrelevant, it's the amount of exposure to the lamps, uv rays.

On the more powerful models the tanning time is reduced per session anyway.

Nope, my mum had one done the other day and it was very subtle. I can't say I've ever heard of someone going into a salon for a spray tan and coming out looking lik eit was fake. That's just how good the technology is these days.

The fake look is when people put it on themselves from a bottle. Imo anyway.

I know what sunbeds are thank you very much. Do you know...

"In fact, the intensity of some types of UV rays from sunbeds can be up to 10-15 times higher than that of the midday sun."

Of course too much exposure is the problem, but that doesn't mean as long as you do it less frequently sunbeds ARE the answer. That's not a good attitude imo.

Your assuming they had the spare time, how would you or anyone know.

And even if they did not everyone wants to spend their time lying in a park or garden.

I don't see the big deal with them choosing to use sunbeds, some choose to use sunbeds to get a base tan for a holiday.

As long as they are used in moderation I don't see the problem.

I'm not assuming I'm assessing what I saw. I'm guessing since the girls were teenagers and they walked there and the pace they were walking at obviously weren't in a rush.

Like I said thought that's besides the point. The point is the summer weather is finally here, so what is the need to go to the sunbeds. To get a quick tan, well you don't need to do that one of the hottest days we've had yet do you?

It's not as if they looked like ghosts.

Plus who the heck does to a sunbed before they go on holiday in the summer? I'd like to shoot them.

Last edited:
I'm not assuming I'm assessing what I saw. I'm guessing since the girls were teenagers and they walked there and the pace they were walking at obviously weren't in a rush.

You weren't standing in a bush with binoculars were you?

what i think look's funny is the ladies that are really tanned and wear loads of make-up , why wear makeup for going on a sunbed surely your face won't tan because of the barrier :rotfl:

anyone ever seen Friends when Ross goes for a spray on tan? :rotfl:

[youtube]rOLCwaHVtWs[/youtube]

Last edited:
What a strange thread. Someone complaining about women wanting to feel more confident so that they can wear less clothing ???? :confused:

Some people ... :rotfl:

What a strange thread. Someone complaining about women wanting to feel more confident so that they can wear less clothing ???? :confused:

Some people ... :rotfl:

True, I'm not really complaining as such, the stupidity just amazes me sometimes.

I was hoping it would bring a smile to some members faces but I didn't realise how many people stood by the fake tanning scene :rolleyes:

Especially during the great weather.

why go fake when you can go for a real tan cheaper?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom