1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First ever LCD, First ever problems with LCD.

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Hysteria, May 23, 2004.

1. Hysteria

Hysteria

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok so dad bought a cheapish LCD for downstairs, so i was watching a dvd and it changed seen then rite at the bottom of the screen i noticed a bright red dot, so I skipped a seen. Still there, changed back to the TV tuner still there. I've never had an LCD before i but I've herd about dead pixels and i suspect that could be it, please shed some light on the subject.

2. azzo

azzo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    What you have is an open red pixel.
    Unfortunately it is unlikely that a retailer will swap it out for another as manufacturers have tolerance levels based on numbers and positions of pixels.
    If the retailer has a refund policy, JL, argos etc then you may be in luck, then again 1 open pixel may not be too bad anyway.
    Azzo.

3. Hysteria

Hysteria

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok then. I got the TV yesturday, so would this going in a day be a sighn of more to come?.

4. Chris5

Chris5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    This is one of the problems with LCD. The answer to your question is probably not, there are programs you can run on a pc that can sometimes unstick stuck pixels, I don't know where to download them from though, maybe someone else knows.

5. Hysteria

Hysteria

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, so it's a stuck pixel?, somebody said it could be a dead pixel in the red layer?. If sombody could find me one of thies programs i would realy apreciate it. I've tired a fiew things already to unstick it but I've had no luck.