1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First DVD recorder EH50 or EH95?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by cejsmith, Apr 22, 2005.

1. cejsmith

cejsmith
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looking to buy my first recorder and I'm getting really confused. For a start I can buy the new eh50 and the old eh95 for about the same money. The eh95 seems to have more features but, is the quality of recording and play back better on the eh50 as it's a newer machine!!!!!!

Then to though into the mix, the tosh xs34 is the same price and seems to be spec wise about the same as the eh95. Ilink would be usefel as I have a camcorder, but the will probably use my PC more for cutting disks.

Help :lease:

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,261
    The EH50 is the newer machine and benefits from a number of (significant) picture enhancements over the older E95. That said the E95 is still a very capable machine that beats most DVD recorders, including the Toshiba RDXS34, in the picture quality stakes. If iLink is an issue then you could do alot worse than the E95 - although the PQ enhancements found on the new batch of Panasonic models might mean you want to wait for the E95's replacement (due in a couple of months).

For answers to basic DVD recorder FAQs have a look at the 'Which DVD Recorder?' link in my signature - although note I haven't had a chance to update it to include the new Panasonic models yet!