First DV Camcorder

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by stewarth, Oct 12, 2002.

1. stewarth

stewarth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking for a DV camcorder to video motoracing events, including night races.

I'm looking to spend around £1000 but not much more.

If possible I would like to put the footage onto DVD at a later date.

What kind of video/sound quality should I expect in this price range. I would also like a camcorder that is easy to use.

Any info would be much appreciated as I am totally in the dark on this subject.

I am very interested in getting a camcorder but do not know were to start.

Thanks for any help.

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have just ordered a sony ip55 from lets go digital. it is very small and compact and very high quality with built in flash and nightshot facility. the tape format is micro mv.
    I made my decision after hours and hours of research in magazines and on the web. but i feel that i have eventually made the right choice.
    Basically i wanted a very small and compact camcorder but with plenty of features and most importantly very good quality.
    :)

p.s Dixons have these in stock at £1499 which is i feel a bit bloody expensive. I have paid £1100 for mine saving a massive £400.