• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

First drone choice

RobinBanks

Established Member
Hi all. I'm very interested in purchasing a drone for the first time. I'm not interested in racing it, just merely for aerial photography and video. How do you know what you're shooting? Do they all stream a live feed to a phone or the controller? I don't have a Go Pro, so I need something with a built in camera which ideally records direct and also sports a gimbal. Ideally, I'd like 1080p and to spend no more than £200ish. Am I asking too much? I've had a look around and there seems to be some options out there, but like everything else, there's so much to choose from! So, I've come to you experts for some advice [emoji4] Please could you advise me of my options? Thank you kindly.

RobinBanks

Established Member
Excellent, thanks for that.

jamesd94

Novice Member
Yeah £200 for what you're looking for is just a bit too short. I'd agree with "True Romance" and say go for a bit more and get a second hand DJI Phantom 3 Standard, i'm pretty sure you can even get one first hand for £380 now. That was my first drone and it's completely fine to learn on, in fact i'd say it's good to learn on because its a super controlled flight and if anything happens you can just press the return to home button. You can also start on 'beginner mode' and that will limit your range to 30m and slow down your maximum speed. Plus 2.7k camera and the other specs are just as awesome considering how affordable it is.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom