First day with my new camera. (Sony A6000)

NewBeetle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received my Sony A6000 it's been years since I had a 'proper' camera. Really enjoying it so far, looking forward to learning and improving. Here's a few from Day 1:
DSC00388.jpg

Good to see you got one of your dog, IQ looks really good. Enjoy your new toy :)

If I'm honest a good 90% of what I take will be of mine & friends dogs. But I've been snapping everything today ;)

DSC03431.jpg
DSC03666.jpg

Those two are not as sharp as I'd expect ?

Those two are not as sharp as I'd expect ?

Yeah combination of playing with settings, and dying light at dusk. I get my 30mm f1.4 lens in a few days which should help some in lower light. I'm noticing the kit lens is quite sharp in good light, but not so great in low light.

should be just as sharp - try allowing auto ISO to keep shutter speed up with open aperture

should be just as sharp - try allowing auto ISO to keep shutter speed up with open aperture

Thanks, I'm definitely in a 'trial & error' stage, but enjoying it all the same.

I don't think they're oversaturated tbh, not sure what Jim's looking at :devil: ;)

The dog pic's nice and sharp, the flowers still look pretty soft though.

I don't think they're oversaturated tbh, not sure what Jim's looking at :devil: ;)

The dog pic's nice and sharp, the flowers still look pretty soft though.

I'm definitely struggling with soft results. I think it's me rather than the lens, does this looks sharper? @snerkler @shotokan101

DSC04480 2.jpg

Much sharper, although shot at different apertures. Why f13 :eek:

Much sharper, although shot at different apertures. Why f13 :eek:

Sorry, I'm proper laughing here :rotfl: I have no idea why I had the aperture like that, I think I was trying wide open and closed to see what difference it made.

Yeah especially if you put the same one side by side :p

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom