• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

First Combined remote....... which one

Hudson

Been reading about the Harmony's not being quiet what people expected so these are off my short list, but that then leaves..... nothing on my short list ? I have a simple set up of Panny X10 Plasma, Humax 9200TB, Sony DA50ES Amp (old amp only 5.1) and a Sony DVD player 725, again old but great with CD's. I am a little concerned that any remote will not have the codes for my older amp and dvd player, just how good are they are picking up all the various functions that a complex amp and dvd remote have on them. Even though my amp is old is still has a touch screen remote with a fair few sound fields etc that can be selected and the speakers etc set up to how you want them, would an after market remote still be able to do these functions ? The Phillips seem to get a good press......

technogran

Which is why the Philips are so good! If by any chance your equpment codes aren't contained in its database, then you simply learn them all to the remote. Doesn't take all that long to do (certainly not as long as faffing about with the Logitech software online) and voila!
The Philips have huge memories and can learn loads of buttons I have never ever had one run out of memory (unlike the Oneforall's)

You therefore get the best of both worlds with the Philips universal remotes, you have the inbuilt codes and the ability to learn your equipment if they are very old and not in the remotes on board database.

TG

logiciel

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom