First Car and insurance ?

F1Fan72

Right, at the great old ago of 39 I'm looking to take my driving test... Yes I know I should have taking it a long time ago but really haven't been ars*d to :laugh:. Anyway, I was thinking what type of car should I get as it will be my first car and as I said, I'm 39, married with family, so will my insurance be lower compared to lets say, an 18 year old ?. Whats your thoughts..

qwerty321

Distinguished Member
Your area comes into play here but you are probably looking at around £1000-£1200 for something like a Clio or Corsa.

That's what kind of quotes we are getting for my Mom, similar age.

When you do get insurance quotes, add your wife on, adding spouses brings it down. Even if they have a provisional license!

MIghtyG

I was getting quoted around the £850-900 mark for a 1.2 petrol Ibiza when I first passed at 24.

Best way I found to get the price down was adding women and experienced drivers to the policy, when I turned 25 and had been driving for 1 year with no claims I got around a £50 discount on a policy of my own, adding my girlfriend who had just passed her test brought it down by about £150.

Another one to watch is what your career is, I'm a mechanical engineer but that costs me £20 more than engineer :confused:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom