• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

First Camera buyer, help needed!!!

J

jimzaday

Hello,

I want to get my first digital camera for under £100 and was wondering what would be the best all round (i.e indoor & outdoor camera).Image quality and battery life most important

I have been looking at the following:

Fujifilm Finepix F10 & F20.
Benq E600
Canon Powershot models
Kodak easyshare c603

Could anyone give me an opinion on the cameras i'm looking at or suggest something else under £100?

senu

Distinguished Member
Hello,

I want to get my first digital camera for under £100 and was wondering what would be the best all round (i.e indoor & outdoor camera).Image quality and battery life most important

I have been looking at the following:

Fujifilm Finepix F10 & F20.
Benq E600
Canon Powershot models
Kodak easyshare c603

Could anyone give me an opinion on the cameras i'm looking at or suggest something else under £100?

The Fujis would give you more bang for buck and the Canons are unlikely to be Under £100 unless discontinued or on ebay

Can I suggest you up your budget a bit more, That will really give you more choice

If you are shooting for the web , or maybe 6x4 prints : fine, but you do get what you pay for and for £100 something would have to give; Image quality, noise in low light, maybe limited Zoom

I have a 6 year old framed image (A4) taken with a 2Mp Olympus colourful and sharp so Im aware that you dont always need a super duper DSLR to get good images but I would give the BenQ a miss, The Kodak ( and maybe a Samsung at this level)
You will find their IQ underwhelming (IMHO)

J

jimzaday

Ok thanks, went for the Fuji F10 and a 1gig XD card. Very reasonable price, for the quality :D

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom